Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Microcell Antenna Heigth

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    pix

and within a market area, there is no other solution than to put an antenna at 12m high ? (+6m pole ??)

you could put 3 or 4 microcells at 3m high, i’m sure there are possible candidates for this kind of installation. Antenna for microcells are not intrusive at all, they are as big as my hand 🙂

regards,
    xavier

Abdel

Hi Xavier,

For some security reasons we can not put the antenna on the ground where somebody can reach. So there is no land we can buy there since it is already occupied so the only option is to put on the second floor of the BTSs. I think the best solution is to install this 1800mhz antenna on the 6m monopole and then if the capacity is not enough then we have to split that microcell into two equal parts or reducing it to half of its current coverage.

paraHO

I remember some years back the area of Leicester Square in London near the Odeon Cinema where they premier major films, the area has lots of people and reporters using their mobiles during premiers. To overcome installing Microcells or small cell coverage (middle layer) they installed picocells all around the Square.

Abdel

It is exactly the same as film premier everybody wants to make calls simultaneuosly,during their bussiness hours and they are concentrated in a small area even the seaport is 300meters away.The businessmen bring their products from the seaport to this small congested area and thats where people come to buy it. You can not drive there, you have to walk.

Abdel

Abdel

Hi Xavier
    do you have any recommendation about the file. I am waiting for your answer.

Abdel

pix

ok, i got the file, i’m going to answer by email 🙂

pix

TNS

Hi, Abdel.
    Is this topic already closed…?
    Would you share with us what did you decide to do?

BR,

TNS

pix

hi,

as far as i understood, they’re totally tied up : they’re gonna install a macrocell antenna on rooftop. they can’t change the decision…
    i recommended maximum electrical downtilt, and 30dB attenuation to start with. And then gradual increase of the power in order to reach a nice “micro” coverage.

wait and see…

regards,
    pix

Abdel

Yes it is on the rooftop and I tried some sites to change the antenna position but there are too many blocks the closest building is 10 meters away that is the street and the signal will be blocked anyway we will try our best do make the coverage as small as possible.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.