Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Satellite E1 connectivity problem

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by jun cuyos.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ashok Das

Hi all
    I am having trouble with a ericsson bts site that receives its E1 through a satellite link. The problem is that the site goes down time to time after running few hours or sometimes few days. The bts is 2206V2 and at the downtime DXU remains operational but DTRUs showing RF off and OPERATIONAL blinking. Incoming E1 from satellite modem connects at port A and port B connects to a telephone exchange. Yes BTS is in multidrop configuration with a telephone exchange. 10 timeslots given to BTS and 20 timeslots given to exchange. The exchange RAX made by C-DOT India. The satellite equipment is IDR made by C-DOT India and it has a modem, up converter, down converter. I tried to find out the problem but couldnot. I checked E1 from the IDR and it showing +3 to +5 ppm. What could be the problem? Help me please
    My e-mail:
    ashok_kxj2006@yahoo.co.in
    and phone: +919436344291/+919435874885

S.Ramprasad

From your problem i can see a pattern occuring. In order to approch this problem
    1. Check whether you receive any clock slips in the E1 in the satellite compression equipment.If the clock slips is increasing then you should check the clock configurations in the satellite modem and satellite compression equipment.
    2. Check whether the receive CRC frames are increasing in the satellite compression equipment. Then in that case you should the frame configuration in the modem.
    3. Then check whether the satellite compression equipment to modem cable is good or bad. Some uses V.35 and other use some other cable. So check the pin configs for this cable and make sure that clock pin is properly done.

Ashok Das

Thanks Ramprasad I will check all these parameters.

Oasis Networks

Hi, also, what is the status and alarms you have on your sat modem when the problem occures?

Ashok Das

actualy i do not have proper information about the modem but i am trying to figure it out

jun cuyos

Hi there…

I have returned modem CDM-625 with E1 problem (G.703)according to our field.They already tried to isolate problem by putting LED and measured voltage in the TX port.I tried to check it also by myself the same procedure and check with the other modem but I could’nt measure any voltage in the TX port. Is anyone there who can teach me on how to check propertly and confirm if there is really problem with E1(G.703) so I can request for RMA as this is still under warranty.

Thanks and best regards.

jun

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.