Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BER

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dana

hiiiiiii
    it could be a silly question for, but I am an electronics engineer, and recently I am a trainee in commnications..
    i wanna to ask why the BER must be less than -110dbm?? i.e why the sum of errors in bins 5,6and 7 must be less than errors in bin_0 ??? that’s my question…
    regards

pix

hi dana,

i don’t understand your question, but the BER is a rate (in percentage), and “-110 dBm” is a measured power, in decibel-milliwatt. So the BER cannot be compared with dBm.

Regarding the bins, i don’t know.

regards,

dana

thank alot..
    I know my error..
    regards..

ashish tewari

hi, can any one please explain me

why down link frequency is higher then up link frequency……

pix

downlink and uplink had to use different bands, so one of them had to be higher and the other lower. I don’t think there is a logical explanation for it. It’s random…
    Some might say that uplink on the lower band allows a better radio propagation (low freq propagates better than high freq).

Yet, the benefit is about 0.5dB, as far as i recall… neglictible !!

liujun

because higher frequency has more large pathloss than lower frequency, BTS(nodeB) has a larger output power than MS(UE).so
    down link frequency is higher then up link frequency.

pix

liujun : neglictible !

liujun

what’s mean about neglictible.

pix

the gain of pathloss between ul and dl is very small : it is not useful in real life !

that’s what I mean with “neglictible”. But that’s just my opinion…

liujun

up link coverage limted in GSM/UMTS commercial network sometime will be occured.

pix

yes, most of GSM sites are uplink limited, you are right.

–> The benefit of the uplink band being lower than the downlink band is not useful…

liujun

thanks. may be the frequence question of UL and DL need to be solved by RF equpment designer. hehe.

ami

I think the reason behind it is lower freq. has a large wavelength than the higher freq.so it can travel large area with low power(as in MS)compaired to BTS.

pix

Ami, I am very very sad you
    didn’t
    read
    the
    previous
    posts…

telecom72

Uplink frequencies in mobile systems are always the lower band of frequencies, because it requires less power to transmit a lower frequency over a given distance and this saves valuable power of the MSs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.