Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BHCA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ayat

Dears;
    How are u?
    i need to know what is the diference between BHCA , Time of Call attempts , Times of Seizure.
    I am a telecomm. engineer work for a new mobile company , I am a member in KPI TEAM , i check the stataistics daily , i noted when i get stat. daily per 24 hour the the period one hour the three counters (BHCA, Time of call atttempts , time of seizure ) are equal , otherwise when i get the stat evey 5 minutes only Call attempts = time of seizure , BHCA is different and > them
    Kindly could you help me by explain it
    i need clear defination for the these three counters .
    Thanks a lot

pix

hello,

sorry, it’s not a system i know (sounds like ericsson, is it ?), so i can’t be of any help. You could refer to the counter definition document from E/// ?

regards,

Ayat

dear pix
    thanks
    i need general information or any help even by web site about GSM system ot KPI
    thanks

peter Cherop

dear Ayat,

BHCA is total number calls attempted per hour, Times of calls attempted is total number calls made and times of seizure is total calls attempted and given resources.
    so when you capture all this items in an hour then the three will be same( if the no congestion). for five minute capture BHCA=5/60* calls attempted in 5 minute period

Ayat

Dear peter
    many thanks for you , what did you mean by call attempts (made)

i expalined as the next
    you mean BHCA (No of Calls made by subecribers who dailed numbers it is not necessary it take resourece . )
    Call attempt i do not understand it .
    time of seizure calls with resources
    plz can you give me example?? thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayat

Dear peter
    to be more clear
    i attached. real data.
    Time 11/19/2007 12:00:00 AM – 12:05:00
    Times of Call Attempt 3
    Times of Seizure 3
    Times of Through Connection 3
    Times of Reply 3
    BHCA 36

We note call attempt =time of seizure = through connection= time of reply , i know it isnot necessary to be alaways equal but it indicates good situation
    but what does mean BHCA 36
    is it No. of calls in 5 minutes ,but not all of them are success calls only 3.

if the BHCA is No of total calld (subscribers dailed numbers) , time of seizure is calls assigment resources , so what about call attempt

?????????
    i need really your experince and help !!!!!!!!

is the defination of these counters difeerence from MSC part and BSC part ???????????

peter Cherop

hi Ayat,
    I repeat my self again
    Times of Call Attempt- calls made by subscriber during that period
    Times of Seizure- is calls attempt and given resoources( usually same as attempted calls if no congestion)
    Times of Through Connection- calls which ring.
    Times of Reply- calls which ring and answered
    BHCA=(60*Calls attempted)/duration(Minutes)
    in our case BHCA=60*3/5 =36

Ayat

Dear peter
    thanks so much

jamal

is there somthing callaed Erlang/m2,if so can you show me how to calcalute it and what things should be form information should have it to do this calculation

pix

you need to know the :
    number of people per m2 (usually in mapinfo)
    ratio of your subscribers / population
    mErl/subscribers

then :
    (nb of people per m2 x ratio subs/population) x mErl/subscribers –> mErl / m2

Host

is there any indicator in RNO that gives you the BHCA?

pix

RTCH_Assign_Success_BH

Ajil

Hi pix, whats the difference between RTCH_Assign_Success_BH and RTCH_Assign_Request_BH for the BHCA calculation? i think the second one is more appropriate. isn’t it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.