Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Flex CU question

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Abhishek.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RK

Can anyone tell me if Flex CU can be used for Siemens BS-240 II and BS-241 ?

My understanding is that Flex CU is a way to double the capacity without (almost) losing no coverage. I understand that the RF power loss is minimum with Flex CU- please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what is BS-240 II, I’ve heard about BS-240 but not BS-240 II.

Appreciate.

RK

Tomar

Hi RK,
    You could used FlexCU also in Siemens BS-240 II and BS-241.
    Cabinet must be with Fan V6 – new type.
    The site configuration of racks and the functionality of a BS-240 II is equal to the BS-240.
    BR
    Tomar

TNS

Hi, RK.

We don’t use Siemens hardware, but I was interested in Flex CU.
    This is what I understood:

FCU – 2 carrier units fitted in one module size. This means:
    CC link multiplexing – you should check the compatible versions of the core modules;
    overheating – check the fan version ( Tomar is right – you need V6 to be sure ).

The FCU can be activated in two modes:
    coverage – the two CUs are processing the same data, but they are connected to two different antenna systems ( Tx diversity – some extra dB );
    capacity – two different CUs ( even on different cells ).

So my opinion is that this is a way to double the capacity without
    ext. racks.

All racks produced last two-three years are second version.

Please correct me if something wrong.

BR
    TNS

RK

The bottom line is that the Flex CU provides 2 TX and RX chains and therefore can assist the BTS to fucntioning the high capacity mode, wherein the BTSs can double their TRX capacity or when used in coverage mode will help these BTSs do Tx-diversity to provide better gain for the DL coverage.

marvel

Hi RK,

Flex Cu make us possible to reduce number of rack (in case 1 site more than 12 TRX), cause 1 flex cu can produce 2 frequency carrier . Another advantages was efficient power consumption.

appreciate,
    marvel

Toto

Hi,

Actually also if i will be using a FCU in single modethen its power will be for sure more than the power if i will use it in double mode, using FAN V6 because more heat is generating from this FCUs so it need more powerfull airlet

amir

Hi,

My quastion is about frequency band that we can use for FCU.
    I mean it is possible to use 900MHz and 1800MHz for this type of CU.

Thanks

Tito

Hi,

Sure we can use it, the most important thing that the FCU has to be 1800 and the FDUAMCO as well

Regards

Abhishek

Hi

FCU not working at placed slot so i changed the slot and now FCU status ok but no coverage in area ….please suggest me to resolve the problem .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.