Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Eric RBS 2216

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Prince

Hi Jamil,
    The battery not charging, is it a 2216 cabinet or 2116 or 2206? I mean which type of cabinet are you talking about.

ahmad khatami

Hi prince
    tks for your responce
    but i want to know cable diagram
    so each pin number connect to other side of cable
    for example 2 to 3 and 3 to 2
    and so

Prince

Hi Ahmad,
    DB-9 serial cable has the below mapping of female to male:
    Female……………Male
    1…………………5
    2…………………4
    3…………………3
    4…………………2
    5…………………1
    6…………………9
    7…………………8
    8…………………7
    9…………………6

Thanx.

Prince

Hi Ahmad,
    Cannot provide the diagram using this forum but I can give you what each pinout does and the signal it transmits.
    Pin Description signal
    1 Carrier detect CD
    2 * Receive data RD
    3 * Transmit data TD
    4 Data terminal ready DTR
    5 * Signal ground SG
    6 Data set ready DSR
    7 Request to send RTS
    8 Clear to send CTS
    9 Ring indicator RI

jamil

Hi prince I am working in RBS 2116 I faced problem battery disconnect when they are using the microwave to make aliment without but my question now is about the cable alarm at the PFU its 8 alarm do u know every alarm what it means .
    bestregard
    jamil

Prince

Hi Jamil,
    For 2116 and 2216 cabinets, if the battery is not charging or the RBS can’t run on battery when there’s no power at the site, it actually means two things:
    1. There is a breaker panel on the topmost part of the BBS that controls the BFU. This panel has a numbered breakers on it starting from 1.We normally tap power from that panel and give it to the transmission equipment.Check if the 1st breaker is in the on position, if it’s not on just put it on and the battery from now onwards will charge and can sustain the site when power is off.
    2. The BFU can internally have battery disconnect alarm without showing this alarm on the BFU.So when such a thing happens you just have to change the BFU.

thanks.

finn

BFU is not defined in RBS2216 so you might need to energize or like a jumpstart the BBS batteries. you’ll have to parrallel a fully charged battery. But be very careful. Once energized it will click or trigger on the BFU or yeah replace it if still the same.

Hi prince

In most of BBS cabinet for the RBS 2116 when the battery less them 22 volt the BFU will not charging the internal relay inside the BFU will not get order from the microcontroller. I had make a physical thing let it charging but if any one use it and don’t know how may be it coast to burn the BFU so sorry I can’t speak about it but for me it work 100% also I the new version from omt 35-4 it can configure the 4 psu in 2116 cabinet thanks all .
    Best regard
    jamil el banna

alireza

hi
    i have problem on cf( flash memory carid) max capacity cf ?

and if read with reader cf it is ok?

finn

I think its 32MB.. read with card reader, no drama.

Fadi

how i can connect External alarms to RBS 2216 ??

finn

hi fadi,

external alarm connections is very much different with older RBS. there is a different color coding, it should be provided. usually the external alarm cable from the DXU-31 is a like a SCSI connector type and the end sides where distributed to 4 RJ-45 connectors.. but we cut those RJ-45s and trace 1 by 1 which is which.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.