Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Eric RBS 2216

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Yahya

Dear all

any body know power consumption or power calculation RBS 2216 & 2116 for each configuration (2/2/2 , 4/4/4), i need for calculating battery for backup time.

Thanks

ndut

@faroq

sometimes reverse connection cable in BFU trigger the battery disconnect alarm

just reverse the connection, and the alarm will be clear

Yahya

ok thanks
    but what i mean is power consumption, i use external rectifier and battery to increase backup time till 10Hours. so i need Ampere consumption, for calculating battery and rectifier

Prince

Hi,
    I manage to work on RBS 2216 and 2116. Offlate, I have been experiencing RX diversity loss alarms in the system and have tried all means that I could just to resolve them but my efforts have proved futile.I just wanna know the actual causes of this alarm and the way forward to resolve them.
    Thanks.

ndut

@prince

i’ve experience with RX diversity loss alarms in rbs 3206 and 2216. it caused by communicaton cable fault between RU-FU or Y-link in DRU

replace it to new one, i think it can help

Prince

Could it be that the configuration of the RBS can result in such an alarm? For instance, configuring 2216 in a 2+2+2 manner and not changing the RF connections.

gaitan

i have problem on external alarm connection on RBS 2216 the alarm does not respond

ndut

@ gaitan
    for 2216 ericsson rbs there’s an additional short connection cable for external alarm

short connection cable with 15 pin’s connector on both side

Prince

With 2216 cabinet,the external alarm could be configured and simulated by the help of a short cable which I call it “signal transformer”. Unlike the 2206 where by the RBS has a direct connection from the OVP panel to the RBS through a single cable.With 2216 cabinet, one has to get this short cable so as to serve as an interface to the OVP panel so that the external alarm signal from the OVP could be transformed to what the RBS can understand and interpret it clearly on the OMT for you the engineer to understand. Till you get that signal transform cable, it’s not going to work.
    Thanx.
    External alarm expert.

J Sal

Have a question, Recently came across some 2216 and usually use the 2206. Does anyone know the real difference between the two units? Are they interchangeable? configuration and internal components different?

jamil

hi prince:thanks for helping but in all rbs 2116 i don’t see “signal transformer” cable i make conniction from the clu to the ovp in side the rbs 2116/. do u have a pic for it .
    BESTREGARD
    JAMIL
    JAMIL_EL_BANNA@HOTMAIL.COM

Prince

Hi Jamil,
    The supposed ‘signal Transformer’ cable that we are talking about not often come along with the RBS but rather your company has to request it from Ericsson Radio Systems before you can have access to.
    Thanx.

jamil

ok thanks Its supply from company and I work to it any way .please can u connact me at my email and what u do about the battery when its not charging.

ahmad khatami

what is serial cable pinout interface between pc and rbs2206 for configuration a rbs.

Prince

Hi Khatami,
    The serial cable has 9 pins’ male connector and female connector on each of the sides. The male side is connected to the DXU OMT serial port on the RBS 2206 and the female part is connected to your PC. After the connection, you run the OMT software to do what ever configuration you want to do on the RBS 2206.

kind regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.