Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UMTS900 / GSM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yrrah

Hi everyone, i’m looking for some information about UMTS900 & GSM frequency coordination.
    I’m a french radio engineer working with GSM operators for 8 years (mainly Africa, and France).
    I want to know where it is suitable to put the UMTS900 carrier in a EGSM spectrum.
    I know there are some interference problems with GSM-R (EGSM low band). So is it better to put it in the mid-band (“sandwich”) or in the high band?
    Next question: as a UMTS carrier is 5MHz band, what is the spectrum will i have to free, 5.4MHz or more or less?

Thanks a lot.

yrrah

Hi everyone, i’m looking for some information about UMTS900 & GSM frequency coordination.
    I’m a french radio engineer working with GSM operators for 8 years (mainly Africa, and France).
    I want to know where it is suitable to put the UMTS900 carrier in a EGSM spectrum.
    I know there are some interference problems with GSM-R (EGSM low band). So is it better to put it in the mid-band (“sandwich”) or in the high band?
    Next question: as a UMTS carrier is 5MHz band, what is the spectrum will i have to free, 5.4MHz or more or less?

Thanks a lot.

pix

i wrote you a BIG answer, but it got erased.

the answer is in 3GPP, i’ll give you the link tomorrow (there is a special work task about UMTS 900, and the guard band you should keep with a GSM 900 system)

the minimum is 2.8 MHz separation (if surrounded by macro cell GSM900 using the “border frequencies”)
    the minimum is 4.8 MHz (if micro cell GSM900 are using the “border frequencies”)

altogether, by using 4.8MHz separation between the two bands “borders” you’ll obtain the best results

yrrah

Thanks for your answer PIX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.