Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Signalimg Point Codes and Link Sets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    olovit

I understand that by ericsson standard, every 16sig links in a link set can support up to 4096 timeslots for voice.

It presupposes that any extra timeslots above 4096 will require a new link set. If that is the case, then new PointCodes for each side will have to be defined right?

Is this a hard requirement? Or can the ericsson switch allow the addition of more timeslots above 4096 without new point codes?

Ali Abbas

Dear olovit! first of all it should be clear that it is not merely Ericsson standard it is the standard given by ITU-T.
    If you want more than 4096 circuits between adjacent SPs then each vendor provides different solutions e.g vitual SPs etc

Olovit

Dear Ali,
    thanks for te insigth!. however, does that mean with the virtual SPs, in the case of ericsson for instance associated “virtual linksets” will be created? and will they appear with a command such as “c7ldp”?

Robert

The 4096 time slots it follows that CIC is coded on 12bits. You have capability to define 4096 trunks, now it is posibility to resize the capacity to 14 bits.

Laurent

dear all
    i am working on Ericsson switch for operator. i have two MSC and 3 MGWs. i have take place there two month the network was already built. i receive this alarm on MSC2 :A2/APT “GNCOMSS2 R12/23” 682 091226 2019
    M3UA ASSOCIATION STATUS CHANGE
    SAID STATE REASON
    SAID1_DAMGW3 DOWN COMMUNICATION LOST

i need any suggestion to solve this.

jack

hi all
    in my network BSC is NOKIA and MSC is ericsson.
    I HAVE 16 signaling link between BSC and MSC.
    is this limitation of 16 on the BSC side or MSC side?
    how i can know the count of signaling link b/w BSC and MSC?

gizoo

hello Rebort,

how do you resize the capacity to 14bits? and what are the consequence

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.