Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM VS TETRA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wali Ullah

Hi all
    plz anybody tell me in detail about TETRA NETWORKS and PMR.
    ho it different from GSM NETWORKS?
    I know only
    Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) is a digital trunked mobile radio standard developed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI). The purpose of the TETRA standard was to meet the needs of traditional Professional Mobile Radio (PMR)
    THANKS

Dave Greenaway

They both use TDMA, but TETRA uses 4 timeslots per frame and GSM uses 8.
    GSM is a cellular telephony standard and all calls are full duplex one to one. TETRA is principally used as trunked PMR and offers Group calls (one to many half duplex) as well as individual calls (one to one full or half duplex) and telephony (full duplex).

TETRA has a much faster call set up (less than 300 mS) and has stronger encryption. It also has the option of end to end encryption (i.e. encrypted through the fixed infrastructure as well as on the radio interface).

pix

and there is no need of a BTS : for instance, in remote location, an user can call another user without help of any BTS, as long as the users receive signals from each other (or via other users).

all details are in wikipedia…

regards,

shashitha

Hi..any one can help me how calculate total no.users can handle tetra base station simultaneously.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.