Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Drop distribution (LOWSSDL/UL, BADQDL/UL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kasa

Hello all,
    These parameters are only for statiscs, but retune them will help to understand radio condition?

like LOWSSDL=104 is default, if we change it to 108, and then it will make us to see more quality drops? and it will show us read quality drops or not? As we know that low signal brings bad qaulity.

Thanks,

Pix

Hi,

Normally these parameters are used for handovers, not to detect call drops, isn’t it ?

if they are, then if you modify them, you will change the distribution of drops. Less drops for level, but more due to quality, or maybe some other drop cause (like sudden drop, or bad sacch decoding, etc…)

kasa

Hi Pix,
    In Ericsson, they are just for statistics for drop distrubition which do not effect any radio behaviour.

I dont know which vendor you are working? I just wana see real quality drops and decrease LOWSSDL/UL(-110) will change quality drops and it will be real picture or not..

pix

ok, i understand now, thanks for taking the time to explain.

i’m working with alcatel systems.

let’s recap : you have two thresholds : LOWSSDL and LOWSSUL. If the RXLEV DL is below the hreshold and there is a call drop, then the call drop is considered as due to Low SS in DL ?

And if the RLEV is higher, then it is considered as a quality drop ?

In this case, to have a real picture, you could use -98 in DL, -106 in UL in rural areas. And perhaps -93 in DL, -103 in UL in urban areas. As a starting point… then by doing drive tests, you can know whether at those levels you’re having level issues or quality issues.

kasa

Thanks for your explanation, Pix

Bilal

Hi kasa,

Don’t you think that it would push more drops towards ‘Suddenly Lost connections’? I mean if at the time of drop no urgency condition(excessive TA, Low SS or bad qual) is found the drop will be considered as a ‘suddenly lost connection’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.