Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Network Initiated Call Release

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SuraMahe

Our network is Ericsson and Huawei based system. We have identified some call disconnection happened in a perticular area (in a Ericsson MSC & BSC areas) due to “Network Initiated Release” Layer 3 message. Please explain me why this “Network Initiated Release” message received? Are there any special reason? Is it related to Core network or RAN? How can we avoid this issue?

We are in a big troble…your comment is highly required on this.

Thanks…!

mohamed EZ

some times due to the clock, and also check the trunk utilization,and some time u need to update the version if u use 3G check the VTCD voice transcoder board and update the version for this board, check the DSP and TC, and capture the packet in and out the board and compare it if the in bigger than out, u need to update the version
    I hpe so

RickR

Hello, SuraMahe:
    I think the Message “network Initiated Realease” is related with the RLINKUP Parameter:
    RLINKUP is used by the BSC to
    determine when to disconnect the call upon repeated failure in decoding the SACCH.
    A counter that is given the value
    RLINKUP is started in the BSC
    after the assignment of a dedicated
    channel. Two units increase the
    counter if the SACCH data is
    successfully decoded.
    One unit decreases it if it can not be successfully decoded. If the counter reaches the value zero, then a call release is initiated.
    Is possible, when you cannot decode the sacch data is related with interference (cochannel or adj channel) or may be that you are using a wrong MAIO (when you´re using Hopping)….
    Regards!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.