Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

loading factor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    verma

dear pix,
    can u plz tell me abt loading factor vd example.
    n tell me,hw v use loading factor in 1*3 and 1*1…

pix

i don’t have the info right now, but i’ll have a look later this week. sorry for the delay 🙂

seth

#empty TCH /total TCH ==free factor…

# ocupied TCH/ total == load factor….

used in preferring or inhipiting cell from HO as (Cogestion releaf hand over)

verma

thanx seth,
    n pls tell me hw v use this in 1*3
    n 1*1 hfs.

pix

load factor and free factor are parameters.. but the loading factor is a calculation made to estimate the usage of the frequency carriers when using synthetized frequency hopping.

so those are two very very different things…

Bhanu

Loading factor is:
    = (Toatal No of TRX Hopping/Total no of frequencies in MA LIST)*100

So if u r having 3 TRX as hopping and 6 frequencies in MA List, then ur loading factor is 50%.
    In 1*1, recommended value is 16.5% and in 1*3 it is 33%.(For Manual optimization), If u r using

pix

thanks bhanu 🙂

Naren

Ok can you explain what will happen if we have much load the loading factore??????????…….

bhanu

ur quality will degardes because collision frequency will increase, but if u r doing optimization through IOS(Intelligent Optimization Server, we call in Motorola)then it is possible to have 100% loading.

Naren

Hi Bhanu,
    Thanx for ur feedback now can you explain me…..if we have 15 frequencies in MA list and using 1*1 with 16.5% LF then what are the points we have to take in our mind while fqu planning.

pix

>>> Naren,

In 1X1, you must still plan your BCCH frequencies.

You must take into consideration cells that belongs to different layers though. In 1×1 on the macro layer, cells in other layers might use different MA list.

And finally, with 15 frequencies in 1×1, your max rf load should be 10%, to ensure a good quality. Since RF LOAD = nb TRX per cell / nb FREQ, then :
    nb TRX per cell = 15 x 10% = 1.5.
    Meaning that you should keep an average of 1 bcch TRX + 1.5 tch TRX per cell. That is about 7 TRX per 3-sectors site.

If you accept a poorer quality, you can increase the rf load up to 16.5%, which allows you to use 2.4 tch TRX/cell. Plus the BCCH TRX, that gives you 3.4 TRX/cell.

>>> Bhanu,

An optimization can lead to 100% of RF load with acceptable voice quality ? The only possibility to reach 100% rf load is to avoid overlap between two cells, isn’t it ? I really don’t understand how it is possible to get such a value… it would mean that the probability of interference is huge !!

I’m really curious about this…

Thanks,

bhanu

Hi Pix
    I have seen it, it is not in our network it is in our competitor’s N/W, but When u do optimisation through Server, it suggests all the changes, it do optimisation itself then u can do nothing ,It collects data from BSC and suggests changes accordingly, yaa quality degrades, but still acceptable.

seth

Dear All

Do you know about the load factor in 3G.

pix

bhanu,

oh ok… so you “think” your competito can achieve that ? But i doubt the RF load can reach 100%. It is impossible…!

Even an optimization server can’t do it… don’t be afraid of machine, they are usually as good as the guy who programmed them 🙂 And this guy is certainly not better than us ! :))

Bhanu

No Pix, I do not think, it is so, it can be achieved through IOS.
    One thing is very true that machine can never be intelligent than a human:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.