Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HSN

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    pix

abdel,

you didn’t write “synchro”, but johan did ๐Ÿ™‚ not pointing fingers though :))

Abdel

I am really confused now days sorry guys:)lol

ZHT

Does anyone know the hopping sequence or collision ratio efficiency between cyclic hopping sequence and pseudo hopping sequence?

Comparing a network using only HSN=0 and another network using HSN=1~63.

Thank you

pix

ZHT,

fantastic question.

nobody uses cyclic hopping. there is no point in cyclic hopping, because if two cells have a collision, all their timeslots are going to collide all the time.

it’s possible to design a plane with only one wing, but 2 wings are definitely better. And i’m not sure anyone is ever going to build a 1-wing plane to check that…

VICKY

HI MR. PIX,

THE QUESTION WAS REALLY VERY WEIRED BUT AS I KNW THAT THE HSN WHICH CAN NOT USE IS 13 N THE MULYIPLE OF 13 COZ ALGO ID WHICH IT RUNS N CREATES THE NO OF FREQUENCY, NOT SO PERFECTLY,SO THE PROBABLITY OF COLLISION IS MORE,AS PER MY CONCERN
    IF WRNG CRRECT ME….

pix

i don’t know about the algorithm for the pseudo random hopping law… i think this is just an “engineering” legend that the number 13 is not so random.

๐Ÿ™‚ can you find the random law in the 3GPP ?

ZHT

Hi Pix,
    Well in some parts of the world there are operators who uses cyclic hopping sequence.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

pix

zht,

that is very strange, did you ask them the reason of their choice ?
    i have been to many parts of the world, and i never met an operator who consciously decides to use cyclic hopping. unless the BTS are all synchronized and they spend a great deal of time making a MAIO planning.

I’m always open to good ideas, but in this specific usage of SFH I really don’t see any benefit of cyclic law.
    The ultimate point of SFH is to make freq planning easier. But if you must do a MAIO planning to make it works, you loose the benefit.

ZHT

Hi Pix,
    Not sure why they did it. But as soon as I’ve proposed to change them, they quickly implemented without asking much. My guess is that they are too busy to do the planning themselves… hahaha!

pix

ok, so it wasn’t a “conscious” choice ๐Ÿ™‚

Ater

Returning to the original question i think that in Ericsson there are not forbidden HSNs.
    But due to the procedure used by the mobile stations for measurement reporting, the use of cyclic hopping with a multiple of 13 frequencies should be avoided when DTX is used. (For measurement reporting when using DTX, a subset of TDMA frames, SACCH, are used for the measurements which is sent every 13:th TDMA frame)

pix

ater,

thanks for this information ! that is tricky ๐Ÿ™‚ cyclic hopping with 13 frequencies means that the SACCH is transmitted always on the same frequency.

however, the measurements by the MS are most of the time “FULL”, on all timeslots. The SUB measures are done only when the DTX is “on”.

I think the main issue is to send and receive the SACCH always on the same freq. If by any chance this frequency is interfered, then the SACCH will be lost ==> Call drop.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.