Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HSN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Jha

hi All
    I have gone trough an interview for Ericsson and one question has confused me.I hope you people will help.The question was as follows.

Which value for HSN we do not use worldwide from the range of 0 to 63.

Can anybody answer,

Pix

0 ! because zero is cyclic hopping, and it has no benefit. between 1 and 63, it is random, so the risk of collision is minimal (and random).

Jha

Dear PIX,
    I had answered this but he urged that there is one value of HSN except 0 which is not used.

pix

ok… i can check later on… what a very weird question to ask during an interview !!

Bhanu

Hi As far as i know, it is 11(or may be a3 but surely only one of them)Nut it is in Ericsson, In Motorola system we are using all.

vivek

Hi,
    I think that this value is 32(mid value) as this value is used for synchronisation.
    This is sure that the value is 32 but for the reason i am in a bit of doubt.
    So if anyone comes across the perfect reason do let me know.

Amit Agarwal

Hello Jha,
    It is obviously 0 as it would result in cyclic hopping. Please verify it and let me know

Thanks
    Regards,
    Amit Agarwal
    kahnoie@gmail.com

Jha

Hi Amit
    As 0 is used for Cyclic hopping so it is not in question..

ahmad

we have motorola

we use all HSNs!!

Abdel

In Huawei and ZTE we use all. since every value between 1-63 is random it will do the work we need.

Dhina

Hi all,
    i have a doubt.Isn’t there already a planned sequence for hopping.I read that there will be table in MS and BTS that have the sequences and the HSN tells which hopping to use.

can any one please explain Hopping with HSN and MAIO,well may be with an example.

johan

hi abdel

we use also huawei and zte but 0 is for synchronization but 1-63 it is value for HSN which we can avoid collision

pix

0 is not for synchro… synchro for what ? 0 is just an HSN that follows a cyclic law.

vivek

how can the value 0 can do synchronization….??? kindly explain..
    as per my knowledge 0 is used for cyclic hopping only…nothing more than that…!!!

Abdel

Hi guys,

I even didn’t notice I was writting synchronization I meant cyclic. Sorry for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.