Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

sms setup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wali

its not confusing me how we receive sms during the call on GSM networks,but still i want to clear in detail ho we receive in signaling.
    Kindly brief me in detail,thanks

naveen

During a call, if u get a SMS it comes over SACH, during idle mode it comes on SDCCH.

Pix

Hello Wali,

“The network side, i.e. the BSS will initiate SAPI3 establishment by a SABM command on the SACCH when the first CP DATA message is received from the MSC.”

Pix

3GPP 24.011, p.102

Bhanu Pratap Singh

sorry Naveen as far as i know during call sms comes over FACCH, Please correct me if i m wrong.

pix

bhanu,

unless it is a special feature from a certain vendor (but i don’t see the benefit from such a feature !!), the SMS are always sent through the SACCH channel, during an active call.
    Always.

Trust the specs ๐Ÿ™‚

Bhanu Pratap Singh

in motorola system it is so, Well thanks for correcting me.
    But FACCH is a fast channel, so i think it should be a right option.
    And i always trust u.:)

Bhanu

hey Pix, I am working in India, our company has just given a huge project to ALcatel, Well I havnt worked on Alcatel,How the system is………

Pix

Bhanu,

FACCH hasn’t got enough throughput : just two bits per timeslot…

alcatel system is great, of course ๐Ÿ™‚ the whole system is well designed, and it is a pleasure to perform optimization using RNO (or NPO soon).

you might just have to deal with “french ego” sometimes.. is alcatel swapping out motorola ?

take care,

WALI

Thank all
    i m clear now
    sms we are receiving on SACCH in active mode while in idle mode sms received on SDCCH

bhanu

Well we can deal with french ego, No we have made two different zones in our city for alcatel and motorola. Why dont u come down to India 4 the project, I met Mr. gabriel, Radio Optimization expert he is a very good person. But I think we r not buying your RNO and other optimization tool. Can u send me some of ur daily report structure.:)(after all we r ur customer now….Just kidding).
    My mail id is bhanu.pa.singh@relianceada.com, It will be a gr8 help.
    Rgds
    Bhanu

Pix

Bhanu,

I’d love to come to india, but right now i’m busy on something else. I used to be an active radio engineer fo five years in asia before, i kinda miss it ! i really enjoy life over there…

i don’t know if you have any weight in the purchase decision, but not buying RNO is a big mistake. It is an INCREDIBLE tool for optimization, and it is one of the main advantage of alcatel compared to its competitors (on the radio side). And it’s not even that expensive (or is it ?)

we can keep in touch, no problem ๐Ÿ™‚

bhanu

yaa sure, it is the decision of Headoffice, project is very huge,infactcountrywide. Well no probs, u r there for help:)

Bhanu

Hi pix
    I m facing one problem, In one of our BSC, we facing huge SD blocking, There are no alarms at BTS, BSC end. And blocking sometimes get improved, most of the time it degrades….Can u give some suggestion.

even We have allocated 2 dedicated SDCCH slots and 1 dynamic. still problem is there.. please help

Joshua

Hi Pix,I am a very new telecom engineer working as a BSS Engineer in a telecomm company here in Tanzania. We use Alcatel BTS. May I have your email adress please? I am sure I have a lot to learn from your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.