Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

gmsk and 8psk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wali ullah

kindly let me know in detail about data rate in gmsk and 8psk.,while emplementing EDGE/GPRS on GSM network.
    Also kind guid me using nokia trafic manager,ho we can define the two techniques.
    regards

Pix

Hello,

Implementing EDGE in a network takes about 1 or 2 months of study, then few weeks for implementing the HW changes, and finally few weeks of field trials (qos monitoring, drive tests, etc)

wali

Thank you Pix
    for your answer,i am glade but please let me clear the data rate between GMSK and 8PSK,while emplementing EDAP when we increase timeslot for EDGE in specific trancivers.
    Kindly give me an idea that how we differentiate between voice call and data traffic on these trancievers
    thanks

pix

Wali,

one timeslot on the air interface for GSM carries up to 22.8 kbps of ‘raw’ data in GSMK modulation (voice or GPRS), and up to 55kbps in 8PSK modulation (EDGE).

one user can get up to n timeslots when transferring data (GPRS / EDGE), depending on the class of the mobile. It is usually 4 timeslots… so the data rate can reach 220kbps in excellent condition. In urban environment, one user can usually expect 180kbps (outside busy hours).

for data TS allocation vs. voice TS allocation, it is a little more complicated and vendor’s dependent. Let’s just say that they usually try to put the data TS on one side, and the voice TS on the other side of the TRX, and the voice has more priority in case of conflict..

WALI

kindly let me know in detail about data rate in gmsk and 8psk.,while emplementing EDGE/GPRS on GSM network.
    Also kind guid me using nokia trafic manager,ho we can define the two techniques.
    regards

Mohamad

kindly your help to know which modulation can use for GSM, is it 8PSK or GSMK?

pix

hi,

Voice channels use GSMK -not GMSK

Packet channels GPRS use GMSK (cs1-4)

Packet channels EGPRS can use both GMSK (mcs1-4) and 8PSK (mcs5-9)

Any specific question regarding those modulations ? What are you optimizing ?

br / pix

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.