Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Dimensioning an Exchange

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Teifafa

Hi,

I have a problem! (excuse me for my english!). I have to dimension the number of channels that need to a pubblic exchange! My input data are the milions of minute that this exchange must be handle in one year!

The first question is: when someone gives the milions of minute, he refers to the global traffic (i.e. the input+output) over this exchange or only to the input traffic?

Then: which is the method that I can use? If someone knows a book where i can find some information about the traffic engineering and the dimensioning of the axchange, please, tell me!

Thank you.

Luis Martinez

Hi,

Normally, if Marketing provides you some information it is related to billable minutes which means incoming traffic, how to get the total traffic, it is simple: figure out the type of exchange you want to have (Local, Tandem or both), normally when the Tandem exchange is required the billable traffic goes completelly out of the exchange, which will give the total traffic (inbound / outbound traffic), for local switch you have to consider that the billable traffic will be internal (somebody calls it local traffic) and the other part outbound (outside of the exchange), books? well I have not see any due to that I learned about exchanges doing my job: dimensioning exchanges as provider.

Please send me a mail for further information.

Voula Eliadou

Dear Sir,

I would be interested on this topic too. Would you please send some more information?

Regards,
    Voula.
    voula.eliadou@eurodyn.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.