Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

KPI Help reqd

• This topic has 15 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pix.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    TCH Drop

Hi All,

In our network we are having High TCH Drop and after checking all the parameters everthing was found OK, Then someone from vendor suggested abot giving reset to MSC, Aftere MSC was reset all KPI’s weere met for few days….

After few days the condition became worst…

can anybody suggest anything…

Its becoming very difficult to meet any KPI..

Need your inputs…

Pix

Your vendor is joking or what ??
    If resetting the MSC improves the QoS in the network for few days, there is only one solution :

CHANGE THE MSC !!

But before that :
    Can you be a little more specific about the TCH drop cause ? The QoS indicator “TCH drop” should have some sub-indicators, such as “TCH drop due to …”, “TCH drop due to …” and so on.

Does the TCH drop increased on ALL the cells in the MSC, or just some random cells ? By finding the shared equipment (board, interface link, …) between those cells, you might detect exactly where is the faulty HW.

Regards,

Da Architect

Who is your vendor???

i) Make sure that LAC and GAN are defined correctly by NSS according to your plan.

ii) check the Transcoder [or the TRC pool congestion]

iii) check if there are any Ater problems.

TCH drop

thank you both..

The drops r due to DL bad quality… this is becz of interfeence from international border… I know that we cant restrict them tht is for sure…

but my question was how the KPIs were met fior few days after reset.

regards

Pix

It was met because your MSC is certainly having a problem as well, on top of the radio intereference.

The improvement of call drops occured only in the international cell borders, or in all the cells ?

There is no rational explanation for your problem. If the only action was to reset the MSC, and if it brought a good KPI for few days only… then your MSC is responsible. Of course, maybe someone else did something, totally unrelated to the MSC reset. You should check this..

Just for info… what’s your MSC vendor ? Maybe by knowing the brand we can find some feedback about it…

Da Architect

Exactly! who is your vendor?

TCH Drop

Ericsson

Da Architect

Ericsson MSC is a stable MSC, i never had a case of refreshing an MSC (this is so weird). but i believe that another action was done that improved this KPI, and most probably on the transcoder level, may be some codec (ex: EFR) was not activated in the TRC. or the problem was Hardware in the TRC.

Dodi

Hello,

Again we are having the same problem in the DCR due to other reasons with one or 2 remote BSCs and after reseting the BSC/TRC its connected to it ,its going fine and after a while its getting worse and we have the same vendor (Ericsson)

pix

and your vendor is not helping you out ? I think they can do much more than we can 🙂 it is obviously a hardware failure somewhere.. can’t they run a diagnosis on their boards (bsc, tc, msc) ?

Da Architect

Dear Dodi,

Are these (some BSCs) connected to one TRC?

Dodi

Hello,

Yes , we have 2 RBSC are connected to TRC and after the Large Restart it went fine but a fter 2 day it went worse and worse!!

Da Architect

therefore, I still think that the failure in TRC causes the problem. Perhaps there is a malfunctioning card in TRC that should be replaced.

karim

i have a problème of silence in gsm network

karim

hello
    how can i detect and analysed the problem of silence in gsm network
    taink

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.