Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Mathesh

Hi,
    I would like to know the formulae to calculate the traffic/lines with the given GOS, i know we have some traffic calculators, but i just wanted to know the formulae as i need to use them in my scripts as part of Traffic related MIS reports,
    All help / links will be of great use

Thanks in Advance

alvin de leon

hi,
    i want to know how to compute for the traffic on voice and SMS (GSM), are they computed separately, and what grade of service must be considered?
    thanks and more power..

lopips

good day!!!
    i really need to know the computations voice and short messages for GSM. hope for your quick reply.

thanx a lot…

yuma

hi
    could you give a clue for how to calculate traffic in BTS
    thanks

Francis

Can someone please tell me what is the approximate Erlang capcity per an E1 line? Thanks very much

Pankaj

24 Erlang per E1 is generally taken for design purposes.

Nguyen

Hi Francis,

It depends on what GOS you preferred. Each E1 line provides 30 speech channels. If the GOS = 2%, the traffic capacity = 22 Erl. If the GOS = 1%, then capacity = 20 Erl.

If the capacity = 24 Erl then GOS = 4% (too high !!!)

Brgds

Rakesh Sachdeva

Hello everybody,

I am trying to calculate the erlang capacity available on Um interface on a per TCH basis on a fixed GOS (2% for example). Does anybody have any sort of table or calculator for that.
    Aditionaly, if we are using half rate (load dependent), is there any means by which we can include those TCH also while calculating the available Erlang capacity?

Please provide your valuable inputs on my mail address below:

rakesh2223@indiatimes.com

Thanks

Rakesh

Navpreet Singh

hello

We r using the formula to calculate the using Erlang is A= BHCA * MHT / 3600
    . But the question comes into my mind is instead of BHCA it should be Busy hour call seizures(BHCS). Because the MHT is of the BHCS .Please Explain me why we use BHCA.

Yukti Makkar

Hi
    I have to calculate the calculations of no. of traffice channels a BTS can support for CDMA network.
    Also how one decides that how many TRXs are required in a BTS.
    In nut shell how to calculate the capacity of a BTS in CDMA network

thanx and regards
    yukti

PRATEEK RAJ

hi ,

I am working on the 3G .
    How to calculate the BHCA for the IP based multimedia services , based on 3gpp.
    if consider the all ip n/w .

with regards,
    prateek

MAHILCHI

Hi,
    I am finiding the CPU overload condition for our BCF during BHCA,How do I able to calculate the no of user attempts in my BCF during BHCA.Do we have any formulae?
    Our N/w is a lucent

Please help me in this regard.
    Thanking you,
    Mahilchi

Kevin

Hi

Am a Telecom Engineer. I have doubt regarding how to find the Erlang for a given TG. I heard that 1 pcm would give 18 erlang.
    I Would be very grate ful if u could give me the formula for finding the erlang for PCM’s – any criteria to find blocking, drop calls,network capacity

How to find the relation between TS and TCH(CDMA & GSM NETWORKS)? 1TS= how many TCH???

What is ABIS and um interface, M interface and its information??
    is it necessary to consider Grade of service and what TRX means ???

Please be kind enough to respond to these questions

warm regards
    Kevin

bakir

What is acceptable value of drop calls in GSM (in percentage). Is there any standard?

Assem Asad

Hi Bakir
    There is no standard value for Drop calls Percentage, But there is an agreement between the operator and the provider about the range of drop calls so that the provider is accountable. in some countries it may be about 2% in another countries may reach 4%, but the point here is to know how to analyze the statistics and the reasons of drop calls.

Regards
    Assem

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.