Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    endy

Dear all,

I have assignment to dimension the transmission capacity requirement for Abis (BTS to BSC), A3/A7 (BSC to BSC), A1/A2 (BSC to MSC) in Cdma2000. Any body can help me how to do that?

regards
    Endy

nagarik

HELP needed!!
    i would like to know how to calulate erlangs/subcriber for a CDMA network with 57,000 subscribers..
    regards,
    nagarik

Sunil Kumar

I am refering Mr.Seshu’s Message.
    I would like to calculate the no of Required PCMs for anew GSM Network with 40000 Subscribers-Expected.

What are the other main things I have to get as input for this calculation ?

BHCA? MHT ?

Rgds

Sunil

Trung Ha Van

Hi ,
    I am an electronics and telecoms engineer.
    I the problem in calculating the Erlang usage of ERLANG B , ERLANG C

I need to do some calculations for GSM and CDMA traffic (calculation of number of voice trunks per user, …), so I would appreciate if you could share some of your knowledge on this subject.

I would appreciate if you would send me an email with the answer or detailed websites, if you have them ;-))).

Thanks and best regards,

Trung Ha Van
    My email is:
    trungtd@netcenter-vn.net

leon

hi
    i have problem understanding molina equation could you help

Murugan

Normally, The erlangs supported by N devices will be 300, the erlangs supported by N is >N at 5% GoS. How can this be? Can anyone provide me a solution to the problem?

Donald Darden

ErlangB relates to a static, wired network where you “block” call originations when your existing trunk group does not have capacity to carry them based on its current calls in progress and their duration.

It is an estimate only, and most useful for trying to determine if you have enought capacity for the largest block of calls you are likely to expect (the BusY Hour Busy Day concept). The allowed blocking rate at that point would be reflected as a P, followed by two digits. The “P” presumably stands for “Point” pr “Period”, and the two digits represent how many calls blocked per hundred attempts. This goes back to a time when you had only teletypes and typewriters to contend with, and the “P” replaced the period that would easily go unnoticed. Thus, .03 became P03, and meant that at most, 3 calls out of a hundred would be blocked at the Busiest Hour of the Busiest Day of the year, which is traditionally 2 PM on Mother’s Day, when all the kids want to call and talk to Mom.

But all that becomes much less relevant when you have your networks capable of carrying tracket on alternate circuits, when you have Call Waiting, when you see more and more computers using dialup services and staying on line for longer periods of time, when you find that Data Communications increasingly rely on continuous connnections (no waiting for dialtones anymore), and when you consider Voice Over IP (VoIP) and wireless services where voice is carried in a string of packets via cell technology rather than with a fixed connection.

The fact is, trying to fit the ErlangB model to those changes without understanding that there are significant distinctions involved, means trying to string oranges on a vine as though they were grapes. You might be able to succeed, but will it be what you think it is when you are done?

To put it another way, a good algorythm becomes a bad one when it is used with the wrong data or applied in the wrong manner.

ricardo josephs

I’m new in this technique arlang B.
    But I need to calculate the amount of min x month in a E1 trunk.

For example if a 2,000,000 of min.

tks and regards

Ricardo

RAVI D

1) how to get the no of trunks required to support so much erlang traffic?

2) how to calculate the BHCA for a switch having 16,000 lines?

manoj kumar

how to calculate Erlang if i have 489 siezure and 167 answer in 15 min for 775 CKT

how to calculate mean holding time

pls explain with some example

regards
    manoj

Donald Darden

If you search on “erlang b” using a search engine, such as http://www.google.com, you will get many hits. A lot of these include free online calculators and a few give you the information for making your own. There are even a couple of Excel worksheets or add-ins available. The articles are worth reading, and the advantages and differences between Erlang B, Erlang C, Poisson Tables and other approaches ares spelled out. I suggest some time be spent in this area, as you are then more likely to get answers to your specific questions.

wilson

Hi,

May Someone help me give an erlang table for my telephony design subject.

from;
    taz092782

R Balakrishnan

Hi,
    I would like to know how I can calculate the E1s required for given Erlang.

Thanks & Regards,

Sheetanshu

One E1 has 32 devices of which the first one is used for synchronisation . In case we are using ss7 then we have another 31 ckts for speech, and 30 in case of R2(where the signalling for teh E1 will be in the same E1). Consider a blocking factor of .8 to .9 for the BH and you have 26.35 Erlang traffic capacity for the E1 for an SS7 route and 25.5 Erlang for an R2 route.

Usman

i need to find the RF spectrum requiremnt for launching a cdma network. given data is per subsriber erlang value, total subsribers and blocking rate
    thanx and regards

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.