Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Agus

Hi,
    I am college student in Indonesia, and i would like to know the formula how to predict the total of BTS when we want to plan a GSM network.

Thanks and best regards,
    My email is agustaufiq@telkom.net

Shafeeu

Hi, Hello

I want to calculate the number of subscribers (+ Erlangs) that can be handled by one PCM between BSC and MSC (A-interface)

Cheers
    Shafeeu

ganesh

i would like to know if you have any information regarding the ” Abis overflow (Blocking) ” or rather to say the ” Probability of pool overflow (Blocking). The Binomial distribution calculation model “? ganesshp@yahoo.com

dan

Hi Shaffeu,

As far as I know the minimum GoS on the A-interface is 0.1%(quite restrictive, isn’t it?). The traffic that you want to handle according to this 2 parameters(aprox 30 channels on one A-trunk and QoS=0.1%) is 16.684 Erlangs.

Am I wrong?

Waleed

Hi

I need to know how to calculate Erlang for BTS?
    if the BTS is 12 TRX, What is the maximum in Erlang that this one BTS can carry?
    all for GSM tech.

Thanks

Waleed

Rakesh P. Kalloor

Hi!
    One E1(PCM-30) has 32 time slots.
    Of which 1 TS goes for Frame alignment and the other for signalling .
    So totally v have 30 TS for traffic.
    One TRX takes 2TS in the E1.Or in other words 1TS in the E1 takes 4 TCHs( i.e. 2TS for 1 TRX).
    As we have left with 30 TS, 15 TRX can be accomadated or 15*8TCHs= 120 TCHs.

Praveen

Hi all,
    Pls help in calculating Erlangs for Abis & Um interfaces.

rohit sharma

hi,
    i want to know that why only Pulse code modulation is used in GSM?may you provide some technical specification or calculations for it.

Radhakant Das

Hi!
    Martha, Ithink I can give solution to ur silence call problem.But u need to give me the necessary feedback on what attempts u have made so far regarding this problem.
    rgds
    Radhakant

Shafeeu

Hello Shafeeu,

Are you the one who went to an Alcatel course in Lanion, France?

If yes it ONU writing to you.

Cao Ning

Hi all,
    Could you tell me how to estimate how many TRX to be added, bease on current carried traffic, and traffic increase rate? If you have formula to me and early reply will be great appreciated.

Gaurav

Hi
    i am looking out for method to calculate Erlang for GSM network,say for a network of 2000 subscibers.
    I will be very thankful is someone helps me up in this.

Gaurav

Chris

Hello,

I would like to respond to those who are looking for a method to estimate equipment in a GSM network. You need to provide some additional information. Mainly, what is the Erlangs per subscriber and the number of subscriber you are expecting per cell, BSC, MSC, etc. Once we have that we can start to estimate the amount of equipment needed.

To get an idea of what is needed there is a white paper that I have written at http://www.awardsolutions.com on high level wireless data network provisioning (i.e. GPRS or CDMA2000). Feel free to take a look at that.

If you would like to discuss this more, please feel free to send me an email (creece@awardsolutions.com).

Thanks,

Chris

Rezaur Rahman

Hi!

If I use the formula:
    The formula for any type of Erlang calculation is;

A= BHCA * MHT / 3600

then I can also calculate BHCA for a specific Erlang. But BHCA reflects the call attempts or call processing capabilities of a switch. Then, what is the idea or conflict between the BHCA calculated using above equation and BHCA by its definition.

PRADEEP

Hi ,

I am looking for help in finding out how many trunk lines is required to handle lets say x number of incomming calls & y number of outgoing calls

how do i figure this out pl help with the basics of how to calculate the number of lines

what are the informations i need to know to calculate this.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.