Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    D.A.Arun Kumar

Hi
    i am looking out for method to calculate Erlang for GSM network.
    For Um interface and Abis interface.

I am looking for some help on the above subject.

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Steve Cain

Arun,

Call me, I am in “Post” and I can give you all you need to know about dimensioning the Abis. I have some information on the Erlang calculations too, although you don’t have a blocking factor on the Abis. You may be getting confused with the M interface, which has a different blocking factor to that applied on the Um interface.

Arun Kumar

Hi Steve

Thank for ur reply.
    Can u give ur mail Id.

My mail Id:daarunkumar@hotmail.com

Thanks

Arun

Seshu

Hi
    For Um interface and Abis interface and for a particular subscribers say 1 lac.(100000 sub.), how many E1/trunk lines are required with 1% blocking.

I am looking for some help on the above subject any body can help me.My mail id:seshu_ky@yahoo.com

Thanks & Regards

Seshu.

Amrul Ardy

Hi
    I am looking out for method to calculate probability of blocking which can show some dynamic channel assignment (DCA), channel borrowing (CBWL,Load Balancing)more efficient than conventional scheme (Fixed channel assignment).

Shahriar

Hi, I am looking for an Erlang and subscribers analysis tools for GSM network.

Sudhir

For a GSM network the grade of service on the UM interface is 2% and on the Abis interface it may varry from 0.1% to 1%. The total number of trunks required is calculated from the Erlang table, the only inputs required is the GOS and the Erlangs.

For 100000 Subscriber at a rate of 0.1% the number of E1s on the Abis interface required comes to 172.

Salum Kiumba

Hi
    For Um interface and Abis interface.

Thanks & Regards

Kiumba S

Pitto

Hi,

I’m quite new in this area, but maybe one of you guys can help me
    Is it the method of calculating erlang for gsm can be used for cdma net work since they both are cellular

rohit sharma

Hi

I am looking out for method to calculate Erlang for GSM network and GOS for Um interface and Abis interface.

Thanks & Regards

JJ

Does anyone have idea on how to take account of Full-rate/Half-rate traffic channels in relation to Erlang-b? (or Erlang-c for that matter)

Sumit Makani

For air interface and Abis interface and also the procedure for calculating max earlang capacity of a cell.
    please help me in the same.

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Makani

Sudhir

Max erlang capacity for a cell depends on the carrier. For eg. one carrier has 7TCH and at a 0.1% GOS the Erlangs will be 2.9 for 2TRX with same GOS we will have 8.2Erlang. and so on.

Erlang u can get beased on the no of TCH available on air interface and Abis interface, depending on the GOS. U can use the Erlang table

fanrain

hi…….

i’m rather new in telecommunication. however, may u guys help me in all the calculation regarding erlang, blocking, drop calls, network capacity, etc in GSM network…..

Anton

Hi,

I’m looking for information to distinguish between erlang computations for respectively full rate and half rate in GSM networks.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.