Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPRS connection

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rf fan

Hi all,
    I have folowing problem: GPRS users often recieve timeout after start downoading. Radio conditions are good, TEMS shows “T3168 Expired Packet Assignment Timeout”. There is a timeslot reserved for data and cell haven’t congestion problems …..
    Any advices ?

Thanks !

Pix

what is the definition and the use of the T3168 ? have you found out in the 3GPP ? (i don’t feel like looking for it by myself 🙂 )

rf fan

Of cource I check it:)

T3168 is used on the mobile station side to define when to stop waiting for a Packet Uplink Assignment message after sending of a Packet Resource request message. It is set to 2.5 that means 2s. In all other cells with same value, GPRS work correctly. Any advices ?

ravi

hi pix

I have a gprs enabled Airtel SIM . When I am in roaming and try to connect to the internet , I get a msg :- Packet data not active , but GPRS is enabled in that area.
    What could be the reason ?
    When I come back to my home state , the gprs starts working automatically ?

Pix

Rf Fan,

Well, in this case… What do you think about this : the MS sends the request in order to keep the connection “alive” longer, but it doesn’t actually expect an answer. This is a trick used to speed up the GPRS reactivity…

Of course if it happens only in this cell, it is a bit weird. I think i would start by check the UL TBF establishment failure in the QoS Stats, that would certainly give a lead. Other than that, I don’t really see what could be the problem…

If there’s nothing on the QoS stats, then it is certainly not impacting the users… and if there is a problem, then you can certainly check the causes of the failures with some more detailed stats. Check also the GSM stats, if there is a radio problem in the cell.

Let me know if you find anything..

Pix

And before all, don’t hesitate to do a SW reset of the cell (GSM + GPRS). Surprisingly good results sometimes :))

Da Architect

Dear rf fan,

Re-initialization of PDCH timeslots in the problamatic cell would help also.

rf fan

10X for answers,
    there isn’t anyting suspiciously in stats, exept “Data drop (connections, non released normaly)” .It is 11 percent per day, but this is rural cell that has a bit low data traffic and this counter isn’t so accurate.
    Tommorow i’ll check detailed stats and re-initialization of PDCH timeslots ……
    We done SW reset, but it didn’t help 🙂

Da Architect

Dear rf fan,

some cells become GPRS sleeping, and you can notice this when
    GPRS_UL_TBF_estab_fail_radio_rate is high while GPRS_UL_TBF_request is small, therefore initialization of PDCH TS is recommended to wake up these cells.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.