Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CALL DROP RATE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JP

I have a question: “why the network call drop rate is:
    sum(drop)/sum(call) and not average(drop/call)”
    For example:
    yestarday: drop=10, call=100
    today: drop=12, call=98

sum(drop)/summ(call)= 11.6%
    average(drop/call)=11.7%

I need this information because I must evaluete the median of the DCR and I don’t know if median(drop/call) is correct.

Thanks.

pix

make the same example with a cell with 10 drops and 1000 calls (1%) one day, and 2 drops and 3 calls the next day…

the average doesn’t show the truth at all. The sum is clearly giving you a correct value, that you can work on.

by doing the sum first, you take into account the number of calls, which give a weight based on the traffic.

Lvin

hi
    Who can help me
    how we solve this type of call end?
    during drive test suddenly call end will happen .
    The state from TEMS investigation in signalling as below:
    call end:NW initiated release
    message type:45
    message dump(hex): 03 2D

Pix

Otherwise you have to check the NSS side, since it is not a radio problem… When checking the QoS Stats, do you see a lot of call drops caused by “NW” ?

Regards,

Pix

That’s the start of previous message :

Hi Lvin,

It is possible your call is normally ended by the other side. Who/What do you call during your DT ?

nachi

Hi
    Iam having call drops on a cell whose sole reason is T200 expiry and i have low Laction Updates success. The reason for its low value has been radio.This is a rural site.What is causing all this.Please help

bhanu

Hi Lvin
    I think u should check the test number which u r calling during DT, I faced this problem once, at trhat time that no was not defined in our Switch.

Naren

Hi ,
    If u are having call drop due to T200 expiry then this could be because of Media error…………so please check media ( SLIPs , ES, UAS).

MRH70

I need help for to know what the causes of call drop rate T200, please help me!

RAJA

MRH70,
    T200 expiry represnts Layer-2 Failure. SABM/UA message is not received by MS/BSS. This might be Due to low coverage (as its a remote site) check Rx_Lvel during call drop. Further it can also due to Hardware Failure. Check if particular TRX is faulty. Further, T200 works with N200 (maximum retransmission times of frame I) and its value is different for SD/TCH/FACCH (in ms).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.