Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

T3126 Expiry (please reply)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bhanu

Hi friends
    In My network(Motorola System)I am facing one problem. In idle mode at BSC border, Ms tries to make location update but T3126 expires and MS goes in No service mode then it select the cell. can anyone tell me the solution to this problem.

bo2k10

I’m not too familiar with Moto systems, but check hyst value if one exists for LAC updates; in E/// systems its called CRH and too high a value can lead to poor RF conditions (Poor C/I) when cell borders are stretched in both directions due to this or similar parameter.

bo2k10

or rather to use more correct terminology, cell re-selection is delayed due to such a hysteresis value ( LAC update hysteresis parameters are used to delay and avoid too many LAC updates and keep SDCCH traffic down) its a compromise between saving SD resources and maintaining clean cell borders.

Pix

hello bo2k10,

yes, that sounds probable. cell reselect hysteresis, or maybe cell reselect offset (or both) are set at a too high value.

but in this case, when finally camping on the new cell, in the new LAC, (which means for the MS : “need to send a new LU message”) the location update shouldn’t suffer from a problem : the new cell should have a much better level than the previous one. So the LU should be fine ? It is worth checking it out anyway.

bhanu,

Also, check SDCCH congestion in the cell, check the LU/call ratio, and check the radio conditions.

bhanu

thanks i will check that,we gave soft reset to that site and now the problem is solved.
    As per trend of 7 days the sdcch traffic was good(no congestion) and all LAC update hysteresis is at default value.
    well pix radio condition is bit poor,rx level is -80dBm to -85dBm.

But thank u all for ur valuable advices.I will keep them in mind for future.

pix

a rule of thumb : any sudden degradation of KPI can be fixed by soft reset or HW change…
    you didn’t told us that the problem happened suddenly… 🙂

Bhanu

Sorry Pix,
    But there wasnt any abnormal rise in blocking or congestion.

I have one more query, in One Of our BSC we are having uplink quality problem, especially in busy hours, we checked all E1’s.
    Can u suggest something. we r getting complaints from last 4 days only.So u can say that it is sudden.

Pix

Hi Bhanu,

I don’t know about this… what do you mean by “UL Quality” ? Is this a problem of call drop, voice quality, or handover ?

If it happens on all the cells of the BSC, that is clearly a hardware problem, certainly from a board in the BSC or in the TC. Or yes, as you mention, an interface link. Any alarm in the O&M ?

bhanu

Dear Pix
    I m talking abt uplink voice quality, and problem is not in whole of the bsc, but it happens randomly in busy hours in different sites. There is no alarm in O&M.
    I suspect it is some H/W problem, we have told BSS guys to check all cards.

Pix

How do you measure the poor UL voice quality ? Is that a counter, or do you perfrm traces ?

If it’s random over many BTS during busy hour, your assumption should be right. I would too check the BSC-TC-MSC part.

Regards,

Bhanu

There is one Tool COP tool of motorola in our OMCR for tracing calls. We found it from there.

Pix

But UL is between the BTS and the BSC, no ? And your tool is collecting data that comes from the BSC… so it can’t be A/Ater interface.

And the TCUC board are statically allocated per cell, isn’t t-it ? So the “random” -ness of the problem is quite intriguing …

Can’t it be simply UL interference ? Did you see an increase in the number of handovers due to UL poor quality or UL high interference ?

Is it possible to give us the distribution of the UL RXQUAL per UL RXLEV bands, before and after the problem ?

Just proposing ways to anlyze the problem, can’t know for sure 🙂

regards,

TUFAIL

HI BHANU,

HOW MUCH IS HOSR FOR THAT CELL OR CELLS.

RGDS

TUFAIL

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.