Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF palnning for cdma

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anni Sharma

we trainee needs some basics of the RF planning for cdma,

what is rf planning?
    what is optimization?
    what are the parameters used in the planning?

reply frends……….

waiting……….

Pix

They write some books about this. Such books are usually more than 300 pages. I recommend you ask your company to buy such books, or, since you are trainees, to get a training 🙂

anni sharma

hey Pix ,
    i want to know what are the actual parameters we look in rf planning and optimization.

anni sharma

frnds atlest tell me something about CDMA RF planning and optimization

Manu Katyal

ok

Basically in case CDMA RF planning we make use the PN codes i.e. Pseudorandom codes unlike GSM were we assign a BCCH freq to a cell.

In a CDMA system, a narrow-band message signal is multiplied by a spreading signal, which is a pseudo-noise code sequence that has a rate much greater than the data rate of the message. CDMA uses these code sequences as a means of distinguishing between individual conversations. All users in the CDMA system use the same carrier frequency and may transmit simultaneously

Reverse Link 824 – 849 MHz
    Forward Link 869 – 894 MHz

moreover in case of CDMA thee are “Soft Hanoff’s”.

Anni Sharma

MANU that was kool,

actually i want to know about the RF planning parameters like
    call drop?

means what parameters we will consider during planing and during optimization

……………….

Manu Katyal

Firstly Call drop is no way related to RF planning in CDMA…

Factor that should be taken into account, in the cellular system design are as follows-

•Co-channel Interference Reduction Factor (CIRF)
    •Handoffs
    •Reverse-Link Power control
    •Forward-Link Power control
    •Capacity Enhancement.

The designer has to put care in the minimum separation between two co-channel cells, based on the co-channel interference reduction factor.
    – The handoff is the necessary overhead in order to switch the call to a new frequency channel in a new cell site without either interrupt the call or alerting the user. Fortunately, based in its intrinsic characteristics, CDMA has a soft handoff problem.
    – The reverse-link power control is for reducing near-end to far-end interference. The interference occurs when a mobile unit close to the cell site can mask the received signal at the cell site so that the signal from a far-end mobile unit is unable to be received by the cell site at the same time.
    – The forward-link power control is used to reduce the necessary interference outside its own cell boundary.
    – Last but not least, The capacity of cellular system can be increased by handling cochannel interference reduction factor properly.

Byeeee
    Manu

Anni Sharma

Thanks Manu Sir,
    you got it
    I excatly want to know this basic
    Please keep sending some more fundamentals like what factors we consider while making the reports for optimization.
    and there range….

Regards,
    anni

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.