Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

where is the wrong on my idea?

• This topic has 25 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by Manh.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    pix

thanks for the info 🙂

Bilal

Ericsson has 4 different thresholds for HR. Two for HR allocation(new assignments) and two for FR to HR adaption (existing calls). Two in each category correspond to AMR and Non-AMR. With thresholds set to even 100% there is always some FR traffic. Mainly there are three reasons:

1. Some handsets don’t support HR.
    2. Congestion in Transcoder HR resources.
    3. Quality considerations(DMQG and DMQB). Before converting a FR channel to HR RXQUAL of the channel is compared with thresholds DMQGAMR and DMQGNAMR and if RXQUAL is greater than thresholds, FR to HR adaption is not made. RXQUAL of HR channels is continuously compared with thresholds DMQBAMR and DMQBNAMR and if greater, channel is converted back to FR if there is a FR channel avaialable.

Tufail

Hi All,

Well wat 70% means is tht when 70% of channel has been utlised and new assignment is to be done. it will be on HR rate and if now the traffic channel below 70% are occupied the tracffic chanel assigned will be FR.

abt AMR and NAMR, they hav diff thresholds for HR/FR assignment, tht is characterised by type of MS used.

As said by Bilal, there are two ways of implementing HR in ericsson 1. HR allocation(new assignments)here at the time of assignment the channel decision is made and 2. HR adaption (existing calls channel can be changed during an ongoing call becoz of radio quality.

Ghost

Hi all,
    I have a little problem here, and i need some help from you guys to solve this issue.

I want to change FR to HR with the aim of increasing capacity in ericsson BSS.

Ed

Hi,

I agree with mehrdad. Correct me if im wrong guys but i think 70% which corresponds to DTHAMR/DTHNAMR for ericsson Parameter is more on dimensioning side not on loading evaluation measurements.

EX: You have 8 full rate timeslots with no halfrate originally. If you will set the hafrate to 70% that will correspond to (0.7 * 8 FR timeslots) which is equal to 5.6 round off to 6 timeslots (since theres no 0.6 timelot). Overall then you will have:

6 halfrate timeslots = 12 channels
    2 fullrate timeslots = 2 channels

all in all you will have 14 TCH timeslots instead of originally 8 if halfrate is set to 70. But still the priority for traffic is fullrate channels over halfrate.

Ed

Hi Ghost,

Try to search RLDHP and RLDHC for configuring ericsson half rate.

Ghost

Thx Ed.

AliAsgher

Dear, one possible reason for FR traffic > HR traffic even with DHA settings preferring HR might be that DYMA is activated.

When DMSUPP is set to YES, and assuming that quality is not good for calls on this cell, then DYMA will shift the calls with low quality to FR. [not depending upon utilization].

I hope it helps.

KRISH

hI ED,

WE CAN ALSO SET THE DTMFAMR AND DTMFNAMR FOR CONVERTING HR TO FR WHEN LOAD IS LOW . PLZ GIVE COMMENT IF I AM WRONG

Ghost

Hi there guys.
    I am using Ericsson TEMS investigation 9.0.1 and my question is why “The Call End” in TEMS reach 33 sec after the call has finished when I am using USSD parameters.
    Thank you for the help in advance.

Manh

Hi all,
    I have a problem and i need some help from you guys to solve this issue:
    With group cells (TU (nonHR) ~ 100%),I setup two parameters: DHA & DMSUPP = OFF, but these cells still have half rate traffic.
    How to turn off HR?
    Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.