Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Field Test Display (FTD) Use for WCDMA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kulafifu

can anyone show/teach how to determine important WCDMA parameters (like scrambling code, cpich, rscp, etc.) in nokia Field Test Display/Netmonitor. thanks

paraHO

kulafifu
    which model number of handset you use that include Netmonitor?

How much you know about wcdma?

kulafifu

the handset with FTD is nokia 6630, just wanna know the important 3G parameters and how they are being monitored on the test tool (FTD). thanks

Da Architect

is the FTD (Field Test) with a spider logo? if so you can check pages 46.1 till 46.5 you can find important 3G indicators such us Scrambling code and others

kulafifu

yes, the one i used is the FTD with a spider logo… can anyone tell me where can I monitor the important parameters aside from scrambling code? thanks 🙂

Da Architect

pages under 46.x are all related to WCDMA. you may check also page 46.5 for detecting SC under PLMN scramb code.

kulafifu

how to lock the phone into a specific scrambling code and channel?

Da Architect

you can’t do this with Field Test, yet you can lock system(GSM, UMTS) through page 81.1 (options->Execute[0,1,2])

kulafifu

thanks da archi, how about the menu on page 46.6 (FDD BTS carrier lock), what is its use?

Da Architect

I tried to use it, but didn’t work with me properly. let me know if you managed to lock on a certain sc.

santo

the handset with FTD is nokia 6630, –> is it also work on N70 ?

ndut

nope, FTD in nokia 66xx not use in nokia N type, different version of FTD

emre

i found named fieldtest_157.exe for pda but i cant run it on my pda (asus p535)does anyone hear it and worked with ?

kulafifu

hi emre,

i have heard also about that field test, but i think it works for htc smart/pda phones– not quite sure… if somebody able used it, please share info… thanks 🙂

ALEX DONG

The Same Problem,the FTD(NOKIA)’S 46 PAGE Has no useful info about WCDMA..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.