Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Problem with GPRS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ajay

Dear all,
    We are having problem with GPRS. ABIS connectivity is via Satellite. Success rate in uplink attempt is very low. Could anybody please help us regarding this issue.

Pix

Maybe you’ve done it, but usually that’s the problem : modify your timers for GPRS, accordingly to your vendor recommendations when using GPRS over satellite Abis.

Regards,

Ajay

Dear Pix
    Could you please specify what are the timers for the GPRS and which timer we need to change in order to solve the problem

Pix

Ajay,

I don’t have it in mind, sorry. But your vendor should be able to give it to you. Parameters names and values are probably vendor’s dependent anyway…

What is your vendor ?

Mohammad Nazmul Huda

I am working in GSM operator. The problem is if GPRS enable in MS then sometimes when other MS call particular MS then they hear that The MS is Switch OFF, but if we disable GPRS in our MS, then sometime this problem is solved.
    Can somebody give me any reason of this.

Pix

Check attach/detach cell parameter.

If working in an operator, you usually work on an equipment of a specific brand… what is this brand ? huawei, ericsson , nokia, alcatel ???

Ajay

Dear PIX
    Vendor is Siemens.
    Could you please tell me what are the parameters?

RamanaReddy

Dear all,

Regarding PDSN ,running l2tp calls on pdsn using cisco LNS,After completed all calls, tunnel is not disconnect,means tunnel is hung.What cases this situation will come,How to solve this problem.

If u have any ideas,Let me know asap.

Regards,
    RamanaReddy

Nabixm

Hi Mohammed,
    What Network operation mode are you using ?

Mohammad Nazmul Huda

Hi Nabixm,
    Vendor- Siemens(2G)

Nabixm

I’m talking about Mode1, 2 or 3.
    Depending on this parameters, you can be paged in different slots (PS and CS).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.