Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS Operation Degraded (Ultrasite)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Dlonyer

Hello Everybody,

Hope you can help me.
    I have 2 sites with an alarm of

“BTS Operation Degraded, RX Level Differ to Much Between Main & Diversity Antenna”

-Considering it is an inbuilding solution we don’t use divesity. Check the hardware of the ultrasite & it is defined without diversity. Confirm with BSC & they defined it w/o divesity.Check also the VSWR of the cables are ok(line to line & system test)

Still i have my existing alarm. Hoping that you can help me resolve this problem.

Rachmat Triongko

I am a telecommunication engineer, I have alarm 7745 channel failure rate on Nokia BTS Ultra site High capacity configuration 666, i did electrical and mechanical tilting and azimuth matching with RNP, i did change DVDC,TRX and BB2F untill now alarm still appear…anyone to help me…..????

Diamond

Hi All
    Does anybody know what means “The reflected power of remote tune combiner is too high.” in Nokia Ultrasite BTS and what to do???
    This Alarm appeared to trx’s and sector one.

patrick.fr

Dlonyer – 19 Jun 2007

“BTS Operation Degraded, RX Level Differ to Much Between Main & Diversity Antenna”

during commisionning, ultrasite check antenna and calculate VSWR.

Start again commisionng with real antenna connected. Your alarm must cancel and come back never again. (i hope) 😉

you can see VSWR with ultrasite manager => rssi comparaison value menu.

patrick.fr

Rachmat Triongko – 20 Jun 2007

7745 channel failure rate

cancel this alarm with ZEOR:BCF:ALARM;

If it come back again look end number under RATE.
    100d or 50d or 60d or …. It is a decimal number which means percent.
    If you have 100d = 100% failure

Then change TRX, copler, bad ross, LNA, feeder, cable, … check every element of radio.

If it is not element of your BTS ultrasite, change frequency (BCCH).(bad frequency plan, it is possible)

patrick.fr

Diamond – 21 Jun 2007

I have never seen this alarm but i give you NED solution:

The reflected power of remote tune combiner is too high.

Description
    Object affected: TRX

Object state: Disabled

Units affected: BB2x, DVxx, RTxx, TSxx, MNxx

Instructions
    Check the antenna connection to the remote tune combiner.

If the antenna connection is OK, replace the remote tune combiner connected to the alarming TRX.

Cancelling
    Automatic

Tilter

Hi,

Regarding 7745, some of the alarms are resolved during the SW upgrade of the BSC, because BSC dictates The standard mean holding time of the BTS, the new SW (5.1 or above) might done something in the defined treshold (wether it is automatically retuned by the SW or not, only Nokia experts know),but if the 7745 is not resolved thru SW upgradem it means that the mean holding time for that BTS really exceeds or much lower(not frequent,7743) than the defined treshold,it only means one thing, the sampling rate for downlink path is so high,probable cause is oveshooting or try to decrease the RXP for a while then check the result,SWR issues,faulty duplexer or combiner(for Transmit/downlink),just give it a try.

For
    “BTS Operation Degraded, RX Level Differ to Much Between Main & Diversity Antenna”, have you try to configure the diversity connectors in HW configurator?Nokia HW configurator has a bug in which it retains the connectivity of the DIV RX in the BCF’s memory, just try to check,perform a recommisioning and then check it out again to make sure, it should eliminate the problem,altho the alarm is not that traffic affecting, it just measures RX levels continuously between DIV RX and RX,so that means the BCF still detects a connection in the Duplexer port(going to the multicoupler), hoep that helps even a little, pls dont hesitate to reply if there is any correction, thanks

anyone of you remembers the treshold for RSSI that is measured by BTS Ultrasite manager?

Regards

RINKU DHIMAN

I WANT ABOUT ULTRA SITE NOKIA RSSI COMPARISION VALUE ( DIFFERENCE and REL.DEFFERENCE.WHAT EFFECT OCCURE IN BTS OR SECTOR WITH HIGH DIFF.OR REL.DIFF. PLS TEL ME IN BRIEF

Hayder

Dear Pls I asked about the effect of Hi VSWR value in CDMA networks

YARMAT

HI DEARS,
    I HAVE THE SAME ALARM “BTS OPERATION DEGRADED RX LEVEL DIFFER TOO MUCH BETWEEN MAIN AND DIVERSITY ANTENNA”ON TWO SITES..I HAVE CHECK THE HARDWARE CONFIGRATOR THAT IS OK,CABLING IS DEFINE PROPERLY. I HAVE CHECKED THE INDOOR JUMPERS, I HAVE REPLACE DUPLEXER,TRX, I HAVE CHECK THE FEEDERS CONNECTORS, I HAVE TROUBLESHOOT MY LEVEL BEST COMMISION THE SITE TWICE BUT STILL I HAVE THE ALRM ON SITE. MHA HAS ALSO BEEN USED WITH RF ANTENNAS,I HOPE THAT U WLL HELP ME IN RESOLVING THIS PROBLEM.

tilter

Hi,

pls. try to replace the DIV RX and RX cables going to TRX, if not, try to replace all the cables, including the main RX DIV and RX going to the Combiner(just to be sure), sometimes the connector suffers from rusting due to moisture, the measurement is gathered mainly after the Multicoupler, then sends the measurement to BCF via M6HA or M2LA,since the coupler is just a passive device, hope this helps, pls dont hesitate to post a reply for some corrections, so that we can learn a lot 🙂

YARMAT

thanks tilter for ur reply i wl do it if it wl resolve the issue or not..i have a doubt to bypass the MHA But before i wl try this mathod hope it wl give some help. once a gain thanks

praveen

Hi Patrick

thanx 4 ur solution regarding….

7745 channel failure rate 🙂

br//pk

R.Rajkumar

I am a telecommunication engineer, I have alarm 7745 channel failure rate on Nokia BTS Ultra site High capacity configuration 666, i did electrical and mechanical tilting and azimuth matching with RNP, i did change DVDC,TRX and BB2F untill now alarm still appear…anyone to help me…..????

Anshu

Check the connector may b due to moisture it is damage if not Change the cable or measure the VSWR……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.