Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CHAP 8 or CHAP 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ED

HELLO THERE, i have some issues with the proper CHAP configuration in a GSM ERICSSON SYSTEM network, I have configured CHAP 8 and CHAP 5 in different cells and I have seen several improvements in the Accesibility and SDCCH drop call rates with chap 5 but In cells where there is a considerable load in the SDCCH I have seen a drawback, what could be the reason?I hope you can help me. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Yousuf

ED,
    Probably you have defined SDs in UL and when there is congestion on UL TCH allocation goes to OL which probably sevring outside its region. What sort of issues you have got? if its regarding drops then you can play wiht LOL & FBOSSET to increase the OL region.

ED

Thanks Yousuf, the point here is that the OL and UL coverage is exactly the same, which means that both UL and OL cover exactly the same area…

Yousuf

ED coverage region of OL & UL can not be the same i-e if ur UL is 900 & OL is 1800 then probably you u know the path loss for 1800 is higher than the 900 it almost 7 db difference. Also depends oon tilits. It the site is covering open area with tilts 00 (UL&OL) then civerage region cannot be the same at all.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.