Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CELL BARRED

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EEE

hi
    is there anybody who know the CB (Cell Barred)parameters usage condition (Ericcson)
    “When a cell is barred it is ignored by MSs in idle mode but an active MS can perform handover to it.”

EEE

I mean which causes occure to use this parameter

NarChai

Cell Barred = cell not allow MOC,MTC,SMS sent and receive except HO

In my opinion cell bar usage for reserve cell for HO only.

EEE

yes you r right NarChai it is clear what you say but I wonder that Which area or condition is suitable to use this parameter another way what is the advantage of this parameter??

EEE

Hi pix
    May be you can answer my question
    thanks

boko

You could use it for idle mode layer structuring. for example if you bar the cell you will never have GPRS/EDGE traffic on it. i will not recommend such usage, but I’ve seen such.

Rajiv Gujral

Hello,

The CBA bit is a parameter for the network operator to set. Usually all the cells are allowed to be accessed by MS, so the bit is set NO. However, in special cases, the telecom operator may want to assign a certain cells for handover service only, then the bit can be set YES. Suppose we have commerical are in a large city, we usally adopt the micro cellular mode to increase the access rate of the area via the limited frequency resources. We often use the double layer network concept, i.e. to set up a micro cell(its capacity can be smaller) to cover the whole Area and a macro cell providing outer coverage. Here micro cell will provide the capacity and macro is for coverage. Here we can use Cell Barred in the macro cell and enable Rapid HO for the fast moving vehicles in that are.
    Also we can use other parameter CBQ to entirely bar a cell and to set reselection prioirty. Below table may let u understand:

CBQ CBA CellSelectionPriority CellReselectionState
    NO NO Normal Normal
    NO YES Barred Barred
    YES NO Low Normal
    YES YES Low Normal

EEE

THANKS Rajiv Gujral for your help

akefa

Hi Rajni Gujral,

what about the MS that is close to the macro (the cell barred) in idle mode? this MS will be covered by another far site which has so weak signal that will make coverage problem !

BR

Pix

Akefa,

Rajiv just gave you an example, now it’s up to you to find in which cases you need to BAR a cell.
    In normal situations, you will never need to bar a cell : there are always alternative and less drastic solutions.

Peace

Does Cell Bar will make TCH_Available = 0 –> affect to Network Available ?
    Tks a lot

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.