Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RTCH assign Fail rate Problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nitin

I have observed high RTCH fail rate in the preparation phase BSS in a BSC which is effecting the CSSR of all the cells parented to it. The fact of concern is that we have performed drive tests & observing no problem in call setup in the field , we have come to a conclusion that the counter for TCH assignment request seems to be Overestimated by the BSS.

Can somebody help me on this issue?

Regards,
    Nitin

Pix

Hello Nitin,

Got the same issue one year ago, from B7 to B8. It was a missing patch on the NSS side, leading to many TCH assign fali due to prep BSS, especially during the peaks of traffic.

The problem was real, and not just a counter overestimation. Subscribers couldn’t setup calls… Maybe you should do some drive tests in order to validate that the problem is real or not.

Otherwise, it might be related to the TCH Queuing, Directed Retry and Forced Directed Retry.. check all those indicators as well. I observed that the issue was happening when the tch queue was highly used.

Good luck with all this… don’t expect your vendor (alcatel ?) to help you with this issue, because they have no answer for you 😀 Check the NSS patch…

NarChai

Hi Nitin
    The Fail PREF BSS that related TCH Block and INT Drop BSS.
    If you solve TCH black and INT drop BSS then the fail pref BSS will be decrease.
    good luck

Nitin

Thanks PIX & NARCHAI

I am sure this will help me out.

Nitin

PIX

Were you getting RTCH fail rate prep BSS in all the BSC’s parented to the same NSS. ?

Regards,
    Nitin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.