Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

baseband hopping question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rf fan

Hi all,
    I’ve question about small BTS configuration with two or tree TRX per sector with baseband hopping. In wich case i’ll have more advantages: cyclyc hopping (HSN=0) or pseudo random hopping (HSN=3-63) ?
    Thaks !

Pix

Keep it simple : always use pseudo random hopping, because cyclic hopping can lead to cyclic interferences ๐Ÿ™‚

rf fan

10X Pix, i’ll do that.
    But it’s intrested … when is cyclic hopping necessary ?

pix

RF Fan,

Ok, that’s a good question… In my opinion, never… Maybe someone else has some better answer ?

It would require that you carefully plan the MAIO and MAI, to avoid running to sets of identical frequencies using the same cyclic law, in different cells. To much trouble ๐Ÿ™‚

Tomar

Hi all,
    cyclic hopping is posible to use in case, that you have synchronized network (with GPS). Cyclic hopping has litle bit better performance, than random hopping.
    BR Tomar

Pix

Hello Tomar,

Do you know operators that use GPS-synchro GSM networks ? I wonder if it exists or not…? It must cost a lot of money, for very little improvement in terms of performances.

Tomar

Hi Pix,
    somebody told me, that some operator in USA use this feature. I know that Siemens has this feature.
    BR
    Tomar

rf fan

Thank you boys,
    I don’t know what is principle of GPS-synchro GSM networks. Please tell me more about this (just for my studiousness) ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Jainam

what is the advantages and disadvantages of baseband and synthesizer hoping?

Masud Parvez

what is the advantages and disadvantages of baseband and synthesizer hoping?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.