Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EGPRS MS Out Of Memory

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    disharmony

hi all
    ”EGPRS MS Out Of Memory”
    anyone that explain this event when is to be it ..ı meet that data bencmark measurement and do you know about it and share with me advice,,and if you used this data which chart to be that??

Pix

Disharmony,

The MS out of memory means that the “RAM” of the phone is full and it cannot store incoming frames anymore RLC frames.
    You might ask : “Why is the MS storing RLC frames ?”

Mainly because it is trying to recover lost data : when a frame is not decoded correctly by the mobile, it stores the bad frame and wait for a re-transmission of this same frame. Even if the second identical frame can’t be decoded, by comparing both frames, the MS might be able to recover the actual frame. (cf. puncturing schemes)

Therefore, when the MS memory is full, this feature can’t be used anymore. The MS has to understand each frame one by one. It means the BTS has to use a much “safer” (or “resistant”) coding scheme, without a need to match the previous RLC coding scheme’s family.

The charts were performed by 3GPP, in order to know which coding scheme to use under different conditions of BER, coding scheme, and MS memory’s state.

disharmony

thanks pix ..its enought dat for me about EGPRS Out Of Memory
    sincerely your,

fatih

hi,i have same problem..but how to fix it.the BLER seems to be normal with all related radio parameters..after sending this message ms stops getting any frames.any ideas about what can be the problem and how i can fix it?thanks a lot

safar

Hi pix,

here after receiving first bad frame by ms it will ackowledge pcu by bad rlc data?

and by receiving this rlc data pcu will send same frame again?

Pix

Safar,

yes, MS sends a “NACK” to the PCU
    the PCU retransmits the RLC block (with IR, with Link Adaptation, or with both).

Pix

safar

hi pix,

Buddy can u plz explain can we see nack messege in tems b’z i am not finding that the in logfile in which ms out of memory messege?if it is in tems plz tell me?

And buddy can u tell me plz after pdp activate if any downloading is going then mainly two messege i seen one from bts to ms uplink pack ack/naack and egprs packet data ack/nack .so my querry is if continuous egprs ack/nack messege then it means ms memory is going to full or if continuous downlink messege uplink packet ack/nack means ms memory full?

safar

hi pix,

Great man where are u?

safar

hi sheldon,

Can u help me abt this doubt?

safar

hi pix ,shaeldon

Buddy plz share.

safar

Hi pix ,sheldon

can u help me to sort out this confussion?

pix

safar,

sorry, i don’t know about this. you are right, the Ms memory state should be indicated in the PUAN message. (pack uplink ack nack)
    You’ll have to wait for someone else to give an answer, or you can look at the 3GPP by yourself 🙂

pix

woops, it is in the EGPRS Packet Downlink Ack/Nack, of course.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.