Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

REDUCED SIGNAL STRENGTH SHARPLY

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EEE

HI EVERYBODY
    “WHEN MS MOVES AROUND A STREET CORNER, THE SIGNAL STRENGTH REDUCES SHARPLY AND CALL DROPS BEFORE MAKING HANDOVER TO STRONGEST CELL”
    What can I do for this situation? (Ericsson Systems)
    thanks

Ahmed

hi EEE
    dropped call happen by this state:
    *you have strong interference if u want to reduce this state u must be change the frequency of the cell that u call setup.
    *call dropped happen when your MS try to handover but other cell is full(no TCH empty).
    Best regards

EEE

thanks ahmed but
    here the problem is low signal strength on serving cell after move the corner. and no handover occure to the strongest cell and finally call drops due to low signal strength altough there are strong signal strength.
    help me PIX

Pix

Hello EEE,

It is a very typical problem, that is encountered for most micro cells in many cities. Many solutions can be used, depending on your mobile network architecture :

multiband ? (upper band, lower band, indoor band ?)
    mono band ?
    what kind of handovers do you perform to enter your micro, and to exit your micro ?

in alcatel, there is a special type of handovers that exist, for all cells which are defined as “MICRO” type. This handovers will provide a quick exit from micro cells to neighbours cells, as soon as the Rxlev is below a certain threshold (whether or not power control is applied), or as soon as the number of “bad decoded SACCH frames” exceed a certain amount.

Do you have such emergency HO for micro cells ?

otherwise, you can reduce HO_MARGIN and reduce the POWER BUDGET averaging window between micro cells.

And finally, you can also decrease the “emergency HO due to low signal strength in DL” threshold to exit a micro cell (for instance -85dBm instead -92 dBm)

Hope it helps,

Regards,
    Pix

Bowie

I don’t know how to solve this problem on Ericsson network, but in Nokia you can use Rapid Field Drop HO option. You need to define “chained adj cell”.

senarist

hello EEE
    I agree to PIX and in addition to
    you can check OSS(Operating Support System)data for this site.You can checks power control parametre value at the same time hardware checks in the site(for example antenna tilt hight,azimuth and Tx,Rx antena cable…)this site maybe serving at the small area.

Tufail

Hi EEE

I think you need to decrease AWOFFSET so that HO are enabled to worst cell.

thanks
    Tufail

Danish

In this caes kinly rule out the possibility of rapid power control if everthing at the carrier level is within limits

Regards,

Danish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.