Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

improve TBF drop rate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    afzaa

hi
    can u tell me about Siemense BTS structure and its working

nitin

Hey , for improvement of TBF drop , check the hardware issue…….
    check tbf drop due to reselection , of CS traffic, or due to no channel, or due to MS response on up…….
    u can check counter 3101,3103,3168 for improvment of tbf drop………..

krish

hi sheldon,

In eric thr which and how to check no of users per pdch and how it is useful?

I mean if i have more edge traffic then no of users per pdch are max?

And i think there is a limit per pdch no of users its 16 in dl and 7 in ul?k is it?

Paul

Dear All,

According to HasnatBD, what does it mean by checking re-trasnmission rate, we can conclude that there must be sth problem in frequency?

Is there any body know the relationship between retransmission and frequency allocation?

Thanks,

Paul

SHELDON

Hi Krish,

You can calculate the average number of simultaneous TBFs per PDCH by using the ratios: TBFPDLGPRS/PDCHDLGPRS and TBFPULGPRS/PDCHULGPRS respectively for DL and UL. These counters are found under the object type TRAFFGPRS.

If the number of users per PDCH is high, then the throughput per user will be low. You should consider adding more PDCHs if the above ratios are high.

Yes, the number of users per PDCH is 16 for DL and 7 for UL.

Paul,

You would experience many retransmissions when there is interference(as a result of a poor frequency plan/allocation). However, a high retransmission rate can also be as a result of other things, eg faulty TRX, using a static coding scheme, etc.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Dinesh

Please give the list of KPI parameters for Packet data with meaning

vikas

dear,
    please check in the cells whether DTM function is enabled or not.

DTM is Dual Transfer Mode (DTM) function. The DTM function enables an MS to provide both the CS service and the PS service at the same time. The function requires the support of the BSC.

If this function is enabled in BSC then disable this feature and then check the next hour TBF SR definitely it improves.

Fed

hey guys, tell me one thing, one of the major reasons for increase of TBF Drop Rate in our network is due to no response from MS (Timer T3169 & T3195 expiries), but whenever this issue pops up it gets resolved by simple toggling of GPRS in that BSC or BTS, how ? My question is if you are not getting any response from MS side then how by toggling at BTS side can resolve this issue??? comment pls…

amit verma

Hi,
    can anyone explain difference between EGPRS and GPRS.?How many users can share 1 PDCH in both ?

suresh

Hi sheldon,

can u plz expalin n3101,n3103 nad n3105 for inproving ul and dl tbf drop rate?

suresh

HI sheldon,

are u there? ……

SURESH

Hi sheldon,pix,bijoy

all of u are there?

SHELDON

Hi Suresh,

Unless these parameters are extremely low, they will not have that much impact on your TBF drop rate. In fact, I think sometimes it’s better to drop the TBF and re-establish it, rather than wait for a long time for a response from the MS or BTS (which is what these parameters essentially do).

I think you should focus more on main causes of TBF drop, such as poor radio conditions, initial coding scheme, hardware faults, capacity, pre-emption, etc.

Regards,
    SHELDON

suresh

Hi sheldon,

thanks buddy and in huawei we have formula for tbf sucess is ul tbf attempts(for gprs+edge)+ dl tbf attempts (gprs+edge) / ul tbf success(for gprs+edge)+ dl tbf success (gprs+edge) .so is it ok because here after esblishing tbf if its drop then its not coming inn picture so can u help?

and we have more reason are from ms no response and in that this timers are n3101,n3103,n3105 are coming so will it help and our formula is ok?

SHAILENDRA

I think PDCH user number is 9 for DL and 7 for UL…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.