Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Co-Bsic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    adeel

hi, rf planners in out network are using same BSIC for co-sited cell. according to my previous experience, we never used same bsic for cosited cell or with any other neighbor. can some one tell me that for neighbors, do we have to keep both BCCH/BSIC different, or can anyone among the two be same?

Pix

bcch must be different, always, by at least 2 channels separation (ch 01 and ch 03, for instance)
    bsic can be equal (there is only 8 possible bsic values, and you will mostly have more than 8 neighbors for a give cell ๐Ÿ™‚ ), it will not lead to any problem as long as bcch is different

oharazu

easier to understand that… two parameters to differentiate who r u… bcch and bsic. when bsic is the same… bcch must not be the same to avoid interference..perhaps.

in metropolitan area, u may have alot of interference come from nowhere.. so that bsic will difference them.. but u sacrifice quality here.

finn

i experienced identical bsic in a site but different bcch… its working fine

Pix

Oharazu,

Don’t say “perhaps” ๐Ÿ™‚ Having 2 sites in the same vicinity with the same BCCH will always lead to interference, even if the BSICs are different.

Finn,

Yes, different BSIC are only useful to differenciate sites using the same BCCH.

Badu

Hi pix,

Are you sure there are only 8 possible BSIC value?
    Do you know this BSIC is combination of ncc & bcc?

Pix

Badu,

Yes, I think i’ve heard about it :))
    Sorry about this, actually i think i made the assumption that one operator gets only 1 NCC. Therefore, only 8 BSIC available. (1 NCC / 0…7 BCC)

This assumption is wrong, because one operator can actually have more than 1 NCC.

Thanks for pointing the error out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pix

srd

hi pix
    i have one question about BSIC?
    We just can use (0.1.2….7)octal code for define BSIC..why??
    what is the limit?
    thanks

Pix

Hi,

The BCC is a field which is coded over 3 bits only. So the range of values is limited to 8.

The NCC is too defined over 3 bits. Therefore 8 values possible.

Each operator gets 1 or several NCC (within one country). Other operators from the same country gets different NCC’s.

The BSIC is the combination of NCC and BCC.

If one operator has NCC 1 and NCC 2, then it can use 16 BSIC:

zzzZ….zzzZZZ

I hope it helps,

Dr. Pixreinstein

srd

thanks pix your info

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.