Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Preparation Failures in Alcatel BSS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ali

Dear All,

what is preparation failure rate, and what are the reasons for this failures..please comment with respect to Alcatel BSS.

BR
    Ali

Pix

Hello Ali,

Preparation failure, during the TCH assignment ? The only experience I have about this failure was linked to a missing patch on the NSS side. It impacted heavily all cells of the network, as soon as they were congested. I think it was due to a wrong management of the Directed Retry or the Queuing.

If it only happens a little bit to few cells, I can’t say. I think nobody knows exactly why there are these failures 🙂

Ali

yes it appears on almost all cells of the BSC its msc is Huvawie NGN, can u also explain wat really wat happens when these Preparation failure occurs.

Pix

Hi Ali,

This is a problem of compatibility betwenn Huawei software and Alcatel software. I recommend you escalate this problem quickly to your program manager, and ask for both vendors to perform tests and traces.

The TCH assignment BSS preparation failures lead to a failure in TCH assignment, so people can’t make calls. Check out the formula of this indicator if you want more details…

Ali

Thanx Pix for your explaination, please also tell if u know sometihing about Remote TC drop alarms at Alcatel BTS.as there is no alarm on any of the hardware of BTS nor any related BSC card.

Pix

Remote TC drop can be due to
    – Abis link failure
    – TRE or SUM card failure
    – BSC board failure
    – transcorder board failure

and more…
    try to see which sites are getting a high drop due to RTC. If only one cell, suspect a TRE problem. If 3 cells from one sector, suspect Abis failure (or SUM ?).
    If all cells in BSC, suspect BSC problem
    If all cells in transcoder, suspect transcoder issue.

Regards,
    Pix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.