Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

LOGFILE INTERPRETATION

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Traffic

Mr.Waleed Mahjoub,Gito Prastomo,
    and pix you people are doing a nice job.PLS can u forward any material(books) on interpretation of GSM drive test LOG FILE to me.Thanx

email:prepaidnig@yahoo.com or writeandrewpaul@yahoo.com

Pix

Hello,

I don’t have any book for logfile interpretation, i’m not even sure it exists unless it was created by some optimizers team. Basically, you just need to have a practical knowledge of dynamic behaviour of the MS (frequencies/interference, measurement reports, handovers, call setup procedure, etc) and perform drivetests as much as possible.

The more you’ll do them, the better you’ll understand them, that’s for sure.

Good luck,
    regards,
    Pix

Traffic

Thanks for ur reply u must be a nice person.Actually I have a clear and indepth understanding of GSM RF planning but I have not done drive test before.There is an interview(HEAD RF PLANNING) coming up and I just have to be prepared.Thanks

Pix

Hello Traffic,

You can visit tems website to see what are the outputs and capabilities of a drivetest tool… but as a planning head, I don’t think you need to know how it works. You should rather focus on methods to roll out a network, methods to plan a network, team planning, etc.

I doubt you’ll ever perform a drivetest if you’re a head planner 🙂

Traffic

Thanks Pix.It’s a very important information.I am looking into that,I just didn’t want to take chances

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.