Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Converting erlangs in seconds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jan

Simple question – hopefully answer is just as simple – if I have an ATA of 0.17 erlangs how do I convert that into seconds?
    Any help would be appreciated

Pix

Hello Jan,

What does ATA mean ?

0.17 erlang ? It all depends on your observation period. Do you compute your ACA per hour, or per day, per week ?

If it is per hour (for instance, at busy hour), the observation period is 1 hour.

ATA = 0.17 means a usage of one channel during 0.17 hour, which means 612 seconds.
    For instance, one TCH allocated during 612 seconds, or 2 TCH allocated during 200 seconds for the first one, and 412 seconds for the second one..

simple, isn’t it.

Steve S

1 Erlang = 1 tch busy for 1 hour
    therefore 1 erlang = 1 TCH BUSY FOR 3600 seconds. Therefore 0.17 erlangs = 1 TCH busy for 612 seconds as pointed out by Jan

Jan

Sorry for confusion – ATA = AVERAGE TIME TO ANSWER. The report is covering a period of one week and shows average time to answer as .17 mins. I know this isn’t 17 seconds [as in hh:mm:ss] and just wanted to know how I converted it to ss.
    Sorry for my obvious ignorance. Does this change your replies?

Pix

0.17 minute = 0.17 * 60 seconds = 10.2 seconds

ATA = 10.2 seconds.

Those are not erlangs then, be careful…!!

If it was erlang, it would tell you the “occupancy” of channels due to time of waiting… but nevermind, that would be different.

Jan

Many thanks for that Pix – your help very much appreciated

Pix

Jan,

You’re welcome 🙂

Sameer

is thie a call connect time.
    as you said ATA = AVERAGE TIME TO ANSWER means from the time call origenated till call answered.If this is so then cant count it in earlang.as erlang in is short Hour per hour traffic mean traffic ch occupied then only.as told by steave.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.