Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH handover

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pavel

Hi people!

Do snyone have expirience with SDCCH handover? I am interested in feasibility. And how it can be tested. Thanks.

Pix

Hi Pavel,

It is quite hard to test SDCCH handover, you’ll mostly have to follow-up the QoS stats… it’s gonna hard to reproduce it during a drive-test.
    The only way I can imagine : write a long SMS (n x 160 char) it should give you time to force a HO.
    Or naturally cross a HO border.

I always disable the SDCCH ho, because it doesn’t enhance the network in the end…

Regards,
    pix

Tufail

Hi Pavel,

SDCCH HO takes place when using DR/CLS(directed retry(nokia)/cell load sharing(ericsson)).

Here wat happns, the call HOs to other cell due to congestion in the serving cell.

Hope u can work on it.

Rgds

Tufail

pix

hello tufail,

in alcatel systems, directed retry and sdcch handovers are different. i believe it is the same in other systems .. a sdcch ho goes from a sdcch from cell A to a sdcch from cell B..

whereas a DR is from a sdcch of cell A to a TCH of cell B.

Tufail

Thanks Pix,

I have read in Nokia and Ericsson manual wer thy call it SDCCH HO.

I thank you for your comment, wat you are talking may also be correct but i dont abt it..

Wat excalty SDCCH HO is?
    Wat is its significance?

thanks for sharing ur comments.

regards

Tufail

Pix

SDCCH HO : it occurs during a SDCCH communication (or SDCCH phase). When the BSC detects a HO (PBGT or EMERGENCY), it triggers a HO to establish a SDCCH on a neighbor cell.

DIRECTED RETRY : the SDCCH phase has ended and the call is in the Queue. If while in the queue, a HO is detected, the TCH ill be establish in a neighbor cell.

FORCED DIRECTED RETRY : While in the queue, if RXLEV “capture” conditions are met on a neighbor cell, the TCH qill be establish on the neighbor cell.

RE

Hi all.

Thanks for your ideas.
    Does SDCCH Handover any influence or efficacy on SDCCH Drop?

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.