Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

tch_tr_fail

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by pix.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rajesh

Hi, in Nokia equipment how can we trouble shoot TRAU drops of a sector. There is no issue in the other 2 sectors. H/W no issues. All the drops are pegged as “tch_tr_fail”. Can somebody please help me out in this???

Pavel

May be some of TCH at BTS is configured for codec, which is not supported by TCSM? For example AMR…

Pix

Rajesh,

If you have TRE failures leading to drops, it must be a hardware issue. Try mounting a TRE from another sector within this sector and see how it works.

You’re going for a typical troubleshooting:
    TRE
    Combiner
    Amplifier
    Duplexer,
    Cables
    VSWR
    Antennas
    Connectors,
    SUM card,

good luck 🙂

Rajesh

Hi Pix,

The 196 report which gives us the Quality report of individual TRX is clean. and if there is any issue in the HW it would get pegged as “tch_radio_fail”. So we have eliminated that cause.

The good news is that we did a recommission of the sector alone and the issue has been solved. We have also changed the value of ITCF to 5 from present value of 3. so is this the only solution???

Hi Pavel,

Can you please throw more light on the configuration of TCH time slots. We have Dual rate and our TCSM is also configured for the same. WRT AMR, our configuration is OK. any particular report that i can run which will pinpoint the problem.

Thanks to all
    Regards

Pavel

Rajesh,

If you have dualrate for BTS and TCSM , than you should search problem at hardware, try to change boatrd etc, as Pix mensioned

pix

i’m not familiar with your system, but as far as i understand it : tch tr fail = tch failures due to TRE problems… or any board failure, more generally. maybe i’m wrong though 🙂

recomissioning the site, it clearly indicates you had an issue with your site configuration (controller board, tre software, etc…) and not your radio configuration (frequencies, parameters, etc)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.