Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Attendant Device Needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alan Bell

I am looking for a standalone device OR software that will run on a PC that will (1) answer a single-line telephone, (2) allow a caller to choose from a menu, i.e., press 1 for this, 2 for that, (3) allow a caller to enter a voicemail system, (4) ring the telephone if the caller presses zero so that it can be picked up and answered in the normal fashion, (5) return the caller to the system if they press zero and no one answers so that they can continue the menu functions including entering voicemail. We have an old Southwestern Bell FT 484 telephone system in place and don’t wish to replace it at this time.

Alan Bell

Because of a question I got regarding my message, I am providing further information for clarity.

Here is a link to the telephone system we now have:
    http://www.intlresources.com/pages/ft484.html

I don’t expect that the attendant and voice mail device I seek will allow the caller to be transferred to a different phone by pressing 1, 2 or 3 on his telephone keypad. That would be too much to hope for using our antiquated system. What I have in mind is that when they press 1 they hear a certain message (for instance for fax number), or press 2 they hear a different message (for instance directions to our location), etc. The voice mail system would also allow them to leave messages in selected mail boxes. Now if none of their questions can be answered by listening to these messages or if there is no place they want to leave a message, then they press zero and actually speak with someone. Given our old system, I don’t believe there is a way (and I’m not expecting it) for a caller to get to a particular person by hitting numbers on their telephone keypad. If their question isn’t answered by the recorded messages and they need to speak with any one of us, the would have to press zero every time for the operator to take over. In truth, practically any $39 answering machine can do what I want the system to do except for holding the call and beeping us if zero is press so that we can pick up the phone.

Jeff Clark

Interalia Communications (www.interalia.com) offer a fully flexible, remotely programmable, auto attendant system for all types of systems including Featurenet. The Interalia XMU will do exactly what you want and comes in modular form so you design the capacity around your requirments.

Jeff Clark

Interalia Communications (www.interalia.com) offer a fully flexible, remotely programmable, auto attendant system for all types of systems including Featurenet. The Interalia XMU will do exactly what you want and comes in modular form so you design the capacity around your requirments.

Jeff Clark

Our XMU will do exactly what you require, almost like a telephoninc bulleting board. If you like we have the system in use on our switchboard so you could listen for yourself. If in thevent the operator answers, ask her to put you through to the XMU demo. The number is 01476 594207. If you would like more information then polease give me a call on 01329 236907.

Dana

Hi there,
    I am looking for the maunal for our FT484 phone. I have tried searching online, but no luck. Any suggestions?
    THank you

Alan Bell

I no longer have the FT 484 system. I sold it on eBay. You might try there for the manual.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.