Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Handover better cell

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leila

Please, can any one tell me the difference between better cell handover and better condition one ? Thank you a lot.

pix

hello leila 🙂

better cell handover is the ho cause based on the power budget equation (to simplify : PBGT(n) > HO_MARGIN)

better condition HO is a category of handovers, including better cell HO, traffic handovers, forced directed retry, etc.
    In the spirit, it’s like “emergency ho” : it is a category of HO.

Maya

Can anyone please inform me how to improve better cell handover percentage in GSM (2G network Alcatel)

pix

hi maya,

the idea is not to improve the better cell HO per se, but rather, reduce the HO due to other causes. Especially:
    – HO due to Quality
    – HO due to Interference

At one point the cell will have a natural balance of HO Level vs. HO Better cell, which depends on its radio coverage. You will not be able to change this ratio easily. Drive tests are required. And after, you will tune those ho parameters accordingly:
    L RXLEV DL H
    L RXLEV UL H
    A LEV HO
    HO MARGIN
    A PBGT HO

Cheers
    pix

Rohit

Hi Pix,

There is two IBS cells serving in a one building,and the problem is that during the test in elevators there is call drop or handover failure because of very low Rx_Lev.i have already reduce the PBGT HO margin 0 from both way,and also averaging window size for both cells are as follows A_Lev Ho is 2,A PBGT is 2,A_LevMcho is 2,A qual HO 6.l_rxlevdlh -76,l_rxlevulh-85.
    HO Margin Dist is 5,Ho Margin Lev is 5 and HO Margin Quality is 5 towards both cells.

Will i decreased Ho Margin Dist,Ho Margin Lev and Ho Margin Quality or Decreased PBGT ho margin from 0 to -2.Pls suggest

Regards
    Rohit

Ayat

hello everybody
    I am checking Handover relation performance ,, the pM tells me that the handovers reasons are:-

1-Number of handover attempts from selected cell to the adjacent cell due to better UL quality.
    2- due to better DL quality.
    3-due to better UL strength.
    4-due to better DL strength.
    5-due to PBGT.
    6-due to other factors.

but it is accoding to gsm ralation , for example
    CO_Band_Cell ;DCS1800-P-GSM900(Same ID; Same cell ID ;Differenet band) 99.99 % for handover reasons is UL/DL quality and strength , whith high ping pong .

CO_Band_Cell ;P-GSM900-DCS1800
    93.6% for handover reasons is Other factor and 6% UL/DL quality and strength , with low % of ping pong.

A)-is there clear handover stragtegy

B)-what is the prefered handover reasons from the above reasons . C)-is there limits for distance between nighboors we habe some casess are reached more than 20 km .
    the handover share % between nighboors is it controlled ,, is raeched to 70% between main cell 900 and co band cell 1800 .??

thanks in advanced .
    C)-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.