Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TRAU

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    taha

hi any body tell me about TRAU

John

What would you like to know about TRAU

taha

how dis transcoder works?

emre

is trau placed on bsc side or bts side ? and what does it ?

taha

trau is placed on BTS side
    it is an important part of BTS,it carries out encoding and decoding and rate adaptation in data transmission

Pavel

Taha, TRAU never placed at BTS side.

TRAU is an element placed between MSC and BSC, if you are talking about TRAnscoder Unit. TRAU is used for speech channel rate adaptation and submultiplexing between A-if and Ater-if.

If you are talking about TRAnsmission Unit, it can be located sowhere else.

Telecom Engr

can any one tell me what is purpose of using transcoder?
    I mean i know it converts 16k to 64k and works as multilexer.
    is it the only functionality of transcoder?if it is then why we dont use multiplexer which will be more cheap then transcoder?
    Thanks in advance.

Bijoy

You r right.Its basic function is taht of a mux/demux.Besides this,it does Accoustic Echo Cancellation & Tandem free operation.

Has UK

yes the transcoder in GSM is hardware on the BSC. It allocates the EFR and halfrate channels to calls. If it goes down will affect drops on all cells on that BSC.

Pix

Has UK,

The TC doesn’t allocate anything, it is not involved in choosing codec or allocating resources..

If it goes down, all ongoing calls related to the faulty board are dropped. New calls will be handled by another board.

Has UK

Pix sorry i should have said it contains the EFR HR codec hardware, if it is faulty it could lead to drops on the BSC, but there are several EFh and HR modules to choose from so if one goes board goes faulty. The drops will average out.

ANIL

In GSM we know that speech coding is 13kbps but why we say that in TRAU there is 16k to 64 k conversion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.