Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Imm_Ass_Succ_Rate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    IVK

Hello, all

In our network we have very low Immidiate Assigment Success Rate. All hardware is good. So, where I can find the problem?

yogesh_rf

hi IVK,
    you please check for:

1.Your CCCH Configuration,whether it is Combined or non combined

2.Check for your A-bis link and Um interface if any problem in these.
    bcoz as per my knowledge Immediate Assignment command relates to SDCCH Assignment, also check for T3101.

would appreciate your feedback.

Rgds
    Yogesh_rf

ivk

Thank you, Yogesh_rf.
    I will try to make this change. And I have one more quetion.

Relation between Immediate Assignment and interference?

yogesh_rf

hi IVK,
    actually Interference relates with your Um Interface, which relates to Assignment, so it can also be the cause, you also check for Phantom RACH,if the site is having very low traffic, give me your mail id, i will send you a doc. regarding call flow procedures step by step, you can understand the things in a better way

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

ivk

Thank you again yogesh_rf.

ikashtanov@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Tufail

Hi Yogesh,

Dear I am a bit confused as the difference b/w TCH blocknig and TCH conjestion.

I wanna know abt T200 and N200 Timer. do u have any relevant Doc available. kindly send it to me at tufial@gmail.com.

Regards
    Tufail

treejar

hi tufail
    we can say that it is the same , but there is a light difference. a blocking can be or is with a congestion but a TCH congestion doesn’t generate TCH blocking .

Shady76

Dear All,
    Can anyone suggest a possible value for T3101 for a network with Low immediate assignment sucess rate. My current value if 3 sec.

Thanks alot.
    Shady

Rajiv Gujral

Dear Shady,

Timer t3101 is the time the network waits after sending the IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT or IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT EXTENDED message until the main signalling link is established before releasing the newly allocated channels. The value for this Timer can be between 50ms – 1sec. It is vendor dependent. The current value of this in ur network is 3sec, that is quite high but it will not effect ur networks Low Immediate Assignment Success Rate but it may increase the call set up time in the network.
    To increase the Immediate Assignment Seccess Rate firstly find the bad cells and check whether whole site or single single cell in the sites have problem. If the problem is in whole site then it regards to hardware failure or points to Media. Else for other thngs check ur Frequency Plan Co BCCH Co BSIC conflicts, the Max TA from which ur cell is taking the call, Uplink and Downlick Interference and Link Budget.
    Hopefully this will help u out.

Regards
    Rajiv Gujral

Pix

Hello Shady,

3 seconds is the default value for alc’tel network, you should also check that the T_IA is lower than T3101 (T_IA = 2.5s default)

So if your parameters are correct, you have to find the cause for the failure : SDCCH congestion ? assignment failure due to radio ? assignment failure due to BSS ?

In alc systems, the normal sdcch assignment failure rate is about 10% to 20% in rural areas, and about 5% to 10% in urban areas.

Regards,

NarChai

Shady76
    The SDCCH timer will effect to number of immediate assignment sucess rate. but
    If T3101 expire you will see the percentage MSs access SDCH low also.

raghu

hi pix

where is this timer T_IA? i.e on which network object?

narchai

would you please specify the SDCCH times
    thanks

aso

dear
    would you please specify the SDCCH timers

NarChai

T3101 = the timer that supervision of the Immediate Assingment procedure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.