Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Improve Call Setup Succes Rate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    nachi

Hi All,
    Iam having low CSSR due to message failure at assignment level,what could be causing that.On other instances i have High immediate assighnment withiot MS_Seizure.I would appreciate if i can get an explaination on the same.
    Possible solutions to counter low CSSR will be appreciated.
    Rgds
    Nachi

Pix

Low CSSR due to poor assignment success…

First, which assignment ? The SDCCH or the TCH ?

Possible low CSSR (depending on your CSSR formula !!)

SDCCH congestion
    poor radio conditions on BCCH

poor radio conditions on SDCCH

TCH congestion
    poor radio conditions on TCH (unable to access the ts TCH)

and hardware failure : abis, combiner, tre, crossed tre, crossed sectors, etc…

regarding IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT, the possible failure cause is mostly SDCCH congestion. Check the SDCCH traffic and resources usage, you might notice you’re exceeding the offered traffic.

Regards,

Rajiv Gujral

Hi Pix,

In my pointof view Immediate Assignment will never be due to SDCCH Congestion. SDCCH congestion may cause SDCCH Allocation failure. Poor SDCCH assignment success rate can be due to CO BCCH CO BSIC conflicts, poor quality, VSWR and other h/w failure.

Rajiv Gujral

Hi Pix,

The CSSR in my network is ~90 in most of the cells even when there is no SDCCH assignment failure, no TCH assignment failure, no allocation failures, no blocking on SD adn TCH. Can u suggest me at which end(MSC, BSC, BTS) i will look to improve my CSSR.

Regards

adeel

hi,
    1.in Tems Investigation report, whats is the definition of call attempt, call setup, call established, and call ended?
    2.i have seen that sometimes number of call established in not equal to no. of calls ended, why?

Kindly help me

akefa

Rajiv,
    I think your 90% CSSRs are due to the different between the sdcch attemps and sdcch assignment. If you type the formula of the CSSR used in your network, things will be more clear.

lycan

need help on how to solve Sdcch Assign Failures… thanks for all the help.

EUGE2007

Hi guys, how can one effectively push traffic to 1800Mhz band if the 900Mhz is congested in HCS systems.

pix

Euge2007,

i don’t know the E/// system, yet I believe they are using a kind of “capture” handover from 900 to 1800. Check their handover types.

Fahim

Hi,

If there is congestion in A channels and call assignment failure occures due to that – then will it be considered as call drop in radio ?

pix

fahim,

no the call hasn’t been established yet, so this is a call setup failure, and more exactly, it is a TCH assignment failure.

regards,
    pix

Fahim

Hi Pix,

U have made my conception clearer – thnx. Can you tell me any other KPI in A-channels which might affect cal drop or CSSR in radio ?

pix

every kind of failures on the a interface would lead to a call drop or a call setup failure, isn’t it ?
    but it’s a bit tedious to list all of them.. i’m not going to do it 🙂

mohit kumar gupta

what is sd drope & cssr ?

pix

sdcch drop : drop during the sdcch phase (could be for LU, call setup, SMS, …)

CSSR : call setup success rate : failure or drop during any phase between a channel request and the succesful establishment of a TCH. It includes the SDCCH drops, TCH assignment failures, sometimes also, the SDCCH assignment failures . It is vendor dependent.

regards,
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.