Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Improve Call Setup Succes Rate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mahesh Galhena

Hi all,

I have a problem of improving “Call Setup Success Rate (CSSR)” in Ericsson system.
    Please suggest me which parameters can be used to imprve CSSR.

I also have a problem with the definition of CSSR. Is it SDCCH establishment success rate or TCH establishment success rate?

Best Regards,

Celltel

Hi Mahesh,

I think CSSR is TCH establishment success rate. When you consider SDCCH establishment success rate, then you consider SMS & GPRS attempts too.

Mahesh

Hi Celltel,

Thanks for your comment. Anyway do you have any idea how to improve CSSR in Ericsson system, what parameters can be used?

Best Regards,

pix

you have to isolate different possibilities.. the CSSR is highly dependant on the formula defined by the vendor.. i’m not familiar with the Ericsson one, but there are at least those possibilities :

1. TCH CONGESTION
    2. TCH RADIO FAILURE (interference, low coverage)
    3. HARDWARE ISSUES (TRX, ANC, TCU)

The CSSR is a very vast indicator, a grouping of different indicators, you have to dig in further to really understand where your issue is, and what action can be taken to reduce it..

Alan

Hi Gurus,
    Can some one direct me toward definitions of GSM KPIs?

Mahesh

Hi Pix,

Thanks very much for your idea.
    I will go through it and try to improve CSSR in our network.

Best Regards,

Alan

Hi All,
    In nokia 2G EDGE network: IF I get TCH Channel failure rate above defined threshold at 50% of the slots of all TRXs in a sector: what could be the probable causes of it?

JR

Hi Alan,

Sound like a broken TRX to me. have it replaced and check the performance after…
    cheers

Tufail

Hi Guys

I am confused..

wat is the differnce b/w TCH conjection and TCH blocking.

Regards
    Tufail

JR

It’s just a different name for the same thing…
    TCH congestion = TCH blocking
    cheers,
    JR

Tomar

Hi Tufail,
    TCH Congestion means, that all channels are busy.
    TCH Blocking means, that all channels are busy and the next call can’t to be satisfy.
    In some statistical cases TCH Congestion doesn’t mean TCH Blocking. In reality, if you have high TCH Congestion, than you have TCH Blocking (72 second means 2% blocking probability)

Best Regards

Euge

Hi Guyz, CSSR also depends on the SDCCH available coz wen a call is being setup the system sends signals to search for the intended mobile. This signaling requires SDCCH. so if u have few SDCCH & are all occupied @ that time then no signaling takes place for that call. Since signalling comes b4 TCH assignment the call will not be successiful.

Alan

can someone guide me toward some documents explaining the in depth meanings of KPI, like cogestion blocking etc…..will be appreciative….thanks…

RF

Dear

TCH congestion mean there is no free TCH to make call or request handoff , and the blocking mean you have no channel to make call then you can’t access to the system which mean blocking

Best Regards

Tufail

Hi Guys

Thank you very much to all of you.

Rgds
    Tufail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.